The Resource For Musicals

Auditions Auditions Auditions Forum

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Chess the musical audtions? 
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post Chess the musical audtions?
hello all, I'm currently waiting to hear about a cast list, so I'm looking into other auditions that I might go to. One is for Chess, which I have heard of but I'm not super familiar with. Auditions would be very soon so I don't have the time to familiarize myself with all of the songs and then find a new audition piece, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me what shows are similar to it, as in the musical style.

In my book, I have "A change in Me" from Beauty and the Beast, "A Wonderful Guy" from South Pacific, "If I Were a Bell" from Guys and Dolls, "Here I Am" from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, "In His Eyes" from Jekyll and Hyde, "Anything Goes" from Anything Goes... I also have sheet music for songs from Oklahoma, Next to Normal, and Spring Awakening... Would any of those songs work for a Chess audition?
I'm not going for a specific part, just ensemble, and I only need 16 bars so its not like my audition song needs to be a perfect fit, I'm just wondering if any of the above songs would work.

Thanks in advance!

Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]