The Resource For Musicals

Auditions Auditions Auditions Forum

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
New here! Should I audition for the Sound of Music? 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Main Role: Fan
Post New here! Should I audition for the Sound of Music?
Hi everyone,
I'm very sorry if this is a repeat/similar post!!

My name's Leah, and I'm wondering about advice for 'real' musical theatre auditions. I have auditioned for four roles before. My first was when I was 7 for the Sound of Music, the next was Beauty & the Beast, where I played Papa, one was for Alice in Wonderland (Ensemble) and the last was this past June for my school's select a capella choir. (got in!)

I've been looking for productions to audition for and found out that there are auditions for The Sound of Music next Wednesday & Thursday. The Sound of Music is my absolute favorite musical and I would love to try out.

(The question stars here for you skimmers ;) ) The info sheet says "Please come prepared with sheet music or a karaoke track for about a minute's work of music. We would be happy to hear a song from the show if you choose." Does this mean that it wouldn't be the best decision to sing a capella/sing a song NOT from the show? What song should I sing? I'm hoping for any role, but hopefully Lisel or Louisa. (I'm 15) And lastly, how do I improve on my 'projection' voice for audition singing?

Thank you very much, I know you guys probably get posts like this ALL the time.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:41 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Main Role: Fan
Post Re: New here! Should I audition for the Sound of Music?
Oh, and I sang Angel of Music for my last audition (to give you an idea of vocalness..I know, I know. Such clique audition song)

I was thinking of singing Part of Your World, No One is Alone, or something from Sound of Music (I have Confidence) I've never sung with a tape/pianist for an audition before, so I'm looking for easy songs to do that with.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]