The Resource For Musicals

Auditions Auditions Auditions Forum

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Belle Audition (BatB) 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Belle Audition (BatB)
In the next couple weeks I'm auditioning for Belle at my school. The teacher usually type casts and has chosen who she wants before the audition. I would love the part of Belle and i know I'm in the running, but I'm not sure who will get it. What can I sing? I'm not going to sing something from another Disney movie/show or from the same show, my teacher would hate that. I've heard that Unexpected Song is good. But it's so plain. Is there anything I could sing that would wow them? Ive song every female part so range is not a problem. I was looking at "14 g" before i found out the play, but that didn't see fitting. Please help?

Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:25 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: Paul Gordon's new musical, "Emma"
Well...
Other suggestions I've heard on this site include:
Far From the Home I Love
Astonishing
I Have Confidence
Once Upon a Dream or Someone Like You (Jekyll and Hyde)

Also try looking through the BATB forum... all of those suggestions were founf there, I was looking mostly at the last 5 pages of the forum. Maybe try sorting through pages 2-15 for Belle Audition posts?

Break a leg!!

Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:53 pm

"Astonishing" would be good, but doesn't show off the soprano range as much. Don't sing "14G". That doesn't fit at all. "Unexpected Song" would be an alright choice. "Home" from Phantom might be fitting.

Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:57 pm
Profile WWW

This one gave me another idea: http://musicals.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=76116

"Some Things are Meant to Be" also from Little Women

Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Re: Belle Audition (BatB)
JustOneMoment wrote:
In the next couple weeks I'm auditioning for Belle at my school. The teacher usually type casts and has chosen who she wants before the audition. I would love the part of Belle and i know I'm in the running, but I'm not sure who will get it. What can I sing? I'm not going to sing something from another Disney movie/show or from the same show, my teacher would hate that. I've heard that Unexpected Song is good. But it's so plain. Is there anything I could sing that would wow them? Ive song every female part so range is not a problem. I was looking at "14 g" before i found out the play, but that didn't see fitting. Please help?

What would you suggest if it were disney songs only?

Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:00 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

If it were a disney song I would say Reflection from MULAN or Meg's song from HERCULEES

Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:49 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Performer
I really really REALLY think Astonishing is the perfect song choice for any Belle audition. So go with that one. :)

Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:50 pm

"Reflection" from Mulan or "If I Never Knew You" from Pocahontas would be really fitting to show that you can sing songs like "Home" or "A Change in Me". "God Help the Outcasts" is a really good choice. The girl who played Belle when I did the show sang that for her audition. BUT it might also be good to see a more bubbly, personality-filled song. I feel like in some productions, Belle comes off a bit stiff and boring and almost pious, in a way. You *might* want to try a song from the film Enchanted or The Little Mermaid, but that might type you as a Silly Girl.

Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]