The Resource For Musicals

Auditions Auditions Auditions Forum

Reply to topic  [ 1897 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 159  Next
The College Thread 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

WTH That's a GREAT topic to look into.
The Conservatory Approach vs. the Regular liberal arts approach, what do you all think?

I'm in the midst of compiling definitions of things like 'Conservatory approach' and 'Unifieds' and 'B.A.' vs. 'B.F.A'. That should be helpful once it's all together.

I would say Regular liberal arts would be much better. You can get a better overall education, and from what I have heard it is a more relaxed atmosphere. Also, if by slight chance you decide to change your career path, liberal arts would be better.

Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:16 pm

Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:30 am
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

LOL! As long as you don't lactate from your man-boobs, then yes...I love you very much! :)

Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:13 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

You may all say how much you love me.

hey hey hey.. lets keep our stickies ON TOPIC please.

:-P
Love you VERY VERY much.

I am convinced you were meant to be a gay man... you were just born a woman. _DCrowley

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
And if you disagree B-I-T-E-M-E.

Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:17 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I know it doesn't sound like much, but the University of Northern Colorado in Greeley, CO is a great school. It's making a name for itself in NY with about 70 % of the senior class getting jobs after graduation. They also send the senior class to put on a workshop in NY and you make great connections.

Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:40 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Hey guys, sorry I've been slacking a little lately, My show opens very very soon, so all outside research has been totally chopped for awhile.
I promise I'll update with that research really soon.

I am convinced you were meant to be a gay man... you were just born a woman. _DCrowley

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:15 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

I'm still a sophomore but I've already started doing some research...this thread is so helpful! :D Can anyone give me an idea of what happens at a college audition? I've read the requirements and everything, but what happens, really? Thanks for all of your help!

Recently: Patty (Grease), Violet (It''s a Wonderful Life)

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:53 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I know it doesn't sound like much, but the University of Northern Colorado in Greeley, CO is a great school. It's making a name for itself in NY with about 70 % of the senior class getting jobs after graduation. They also send the senior class to put on a workshop in NY and you make great connections.

You know, I've read about that some...it's on my list of schools to look into more (I'm just a sophomore now, so I have time). It's a non-audition BA, right?

Hmm, I have a question for you guys. I probably want to eventually teach theatre, probably high school. I've been thinking I'd much rather go to a school to get a really good theatre eductation myself and then go about getting my teaching credentials, etc. Do you think it would be better to actually go to a college where I can major in theatre education, or somewhere where I can major in theatre and take classes in education (or minor in education/theatre education)? Then again, I'm not sure if I want to go directly into teaching or try to act first...so maybe going into theatre and minoring in education/theatre education would be better because of that?

Also! Another question. My mother is pressuring me to find more colleges in-state that I want to look at, for cost reasons mostly; anyone have opinions about Cal State Fullerton, UC Irvine, USC, and UCLA's programs?

And one more thing. I have a big "college stress" word doccument that has info, good and bad, on a ton of different schools (18 so far). If anyone wants to see it let me know. It's mostly basic things about the program and things I've seen said on College Confidential.

Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:28 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

And one more thing. I have a big "college stress" word doccument that has info, good and bad, on a ton of different schools (18 so far). If anyone wants to see it let me know. It's mostly basic things about the program and things I've seen said on College Confidential.

That sounds just wonderful!
Would you be willing to post it here for all to see?

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:07 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I really like Emerson and the general structure of the program. I also like how it is in Boston and if some of the training isn't as intense as I would like I can find a personal trainer or dance company in the city.

Emerson is one of my top choices.. does anyone have any significant negative aspects about Emerson?

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:09 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Holly wrote:

Sure, I just stuck it on freewebs (eesh, it's become all user friendly with guestbooks and templates since I last used it...)

http://www.freewebs.com/collegestress/index.htm

Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:37 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Syrso2yrsAgo wrote:
Holly wrote:

Sure, I just stuck it on freewebs (eesh, it's become all user friendly with guestbooks and templates since I last used it...)

http://www.freewebs.com/collegestress/index.htm

That's GREAT information.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND READING THAT LINK

Just so no one passes it over (like I tend to do when reading threads.)

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1897 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 159  Next