The Resource For Musicals

Auditions Auditions Auditions Forum

Reply to topic  [ 1897 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159  Next
The College Thread 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Other...
All music that's contemporary is 1975 - on, I think?

Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:40 pm
Profile WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Anyone auditioning for Marymount on Saturday?

Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:19 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

I really wish to be able to attend NYU. I am a junior in high school, and am looking at the musical theatre high school program at NYU over the summer for a monthish. I was wondering, does anyone know about the program?
Would it possibly help to give me a leg up?
Is it a worth while program? because it is very expensive.
Is it hard to get into?

Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:12 pm

I really wish to be able to attend NYU. I am a junior in high school, and am looking at the musical theatre high school program at NYU over the summer for a monthish. I was wondering, does anyone know about the program?
Is it hard to get into?

I think one of my friends did it ...but I'm not sure if it was the musical theatre one. And he's a second year theatre major at Ithaca/...I can ask him, if you want.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:21 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Another "which school" Question
New to the forum! Lots of questions!

I'm from Canada and well, the theatre schools here are lacking. And I don't want to be another Canadian kid coming out of Sheridan.

I'm going on an Audition Blitz in Feburary (LA then NY) with the Unifieds first up. I'm only thinking of auditioning for Roosevelt, BC and University of the Arts. What's the consensus on those schools?

Also, in LA I'm going for UCLA and UC Irvine.

Then in NYC I'm auditioning for Pace, AMDA, Marymount and CAP21. Which are the best?

I really want to go somewhere that I have the best chance at a scholarship or tuition grants.

Finally, now that I think about it...am I auditioning for too many schools?

Thanks in advance! (its hard to get alot of info up here in my igloo and such, eh?)

Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:07 am
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Emmyv05 wrote:
Is it hard to get into?

I think one of my friends did it ...but I'm not sure if it was the musical theatre one. And he's a second year theatre major at Ithaca/...I can ask him, if you want.

I would really appreciate that!!

Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:05 pm

kozafluitmusique wrote:
Emmyv05 wrote:
Is it hard to get into?

I would really appreciate that!!

Okay! PM me your questions and I'll see if I can get a hold of him.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:52 am
Profile WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Main Role: Performer
Oh wow. I just read all 156 pages of this thread and though I'm overwhelmed, I feel like I've gained a lot.
Um hi. Kay, this is going to sound REALLY silly of me, since I'm a freshman. I'm thinking about college. But don't laugh, cause I'm Canadian. Even reading up a few posts, the only good theatre program we have in the Great White North is Sheridan's...but they don't even give you a degree for it. There's an off chance that they might introduce a BFA for MT by the time college auditions roll around for me (does anyone know who I would write to to hector universities about introducing a program?), but other than that...yeah, I think it would be best for me to go to the US. Obviously I would still apply and audition for Canadian schools (like Ryerson for their BFA Acting - my dad works at that uni so I have free tuition, a BIIIIIG plus I know) as well. The only thing is, if I go to the US, tuition is a LOT more expensive. For example, I know that Ryerson tuition is about $4,983 to $6,707/year. I did some research and found out that PSU's MT program (this is flat tuition only, not the cost of being in college) comes out to about $25,946/year. That's as much as my parents have saved for me AND my brother for all of our tuition. As an international student, it's going to be really hard for me to get financial aid, as most Canadian scholarships apply to Canadian unis. What should I do?

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:44 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

So, any Class of 2010 people got college plans?

I've settled on Fredonia for Theatre Arts which I'm pretty pysched about!

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:32 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Current Obsession: N2N, Hair,
Main Role: Performer
Oh wow. I just read all 156 pages of this thread and though I'm overwhelmed, I feel like I've gained a lot.
Um hi. Kay, this is going to sound REALLY silly of me, since I'm a freshman. I'm thinking about college. But don't laugh, cause I'm Canadian. Even reading up a few posts, the only good theatre program we have in the Great White North is Sheridan's...but they don't even give you a degree for it. There's an off chance that they might introduce a BFA for MT by the time college auditions roll around for me (does anyone know who I would write to to hector universities about introducing a program?), but other than that...yeah, I think it would be best for me to go to the US. Obviously I would still apply and audition for Canadian schools (like Ryerson for their BFA Acting - my dad works at that uni so I have free tuition, a BIIIIIG plus I know) as well. The only thing is, if I go to the US, tuition is a LOT more expensive. For example, I know that Ryerson tuition is about $4,983 to $6,707/year. I did some research and found out that PSU's MT program (this is flat tuition only, not the cost of being in college) comes out to about $25,946/year. That's as much as my parents have saved for me AND my brother for all of our tuition. As an international student, it's going to be really hard for me to get financial aid, as most Canadian scholarships apply to Canadian unis. What should I do?

I would suggest looking at financial aid programs. Most US colleges and universities have SOME form of financial aid for everyone. I have a friend going to PSU (WE ARE! PENNS STATE!) (Sorry, I'm a big penn state fan so I had to...) and if you want, I can ask her some questions for you.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:00 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

I'm going to Point Park's COPA next year as a Musical Theater major. I got a nice scholarship and I'm in LOVE with the school and program! Can't wait!

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I'm hopefully going to Blackpool and The Flyde College (University of Lancaster) to get a BA in Musical Theatre. :D

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1897 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159  Next