The Resource For Musicals

Auditions Auditions Auditions Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4873 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 400, 401, 402, 403, 404, 405, 406, 407  Next
Audition song thread? 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Re: Audition song thread?
I'm auditioning for Thoroughly Modern Millie, and I was thinking about singing 'I Have Confidence' from The Sound of Music.

I know maybe I shouldn't, since The Sound of Music should be somewhat avoided, but this song is a little underrated, and to all of the open auditions I've been to, I never heard anyone sing it. Besides, it really fits my voice well, and my acting is good. My teacher didn't think singing it would be a problem since it is not overdone, but since it's from The Sound of Music she said it could be risky, so I'm conflicted about it! What should I do?
I do have a second option "The Next Time it Happens" from State Fair, but it's not as good as "I Have Confidence". It is good, but IHC is better. So, like I said, I'm really conflicted! Any help?

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:05 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Main Role: Performer
Rorgg wrote:
Got an audition coming up for Fiddler, just 16 bars ... going for Tevye, it's a natural fit for me, I'm a bass-baritone, but somehow nothing in myaudition repertoire seems to fit.

Maybe one of Molokov's songs from Chess? Right range, right accent, and "Soviet Machine" and "Let's Work Together" are both light/humorous.

Dickon, The Secret Garden
Josh Baskin, Big: The Musical
Freddy, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Franz/Dennis, Sunday in the Park with George
Frederic, The Pirates of Penzance
Historian/others, Spamalot

Up next:
???

Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:52 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

long time no see around here! :wave:

I've recently been getting back in musical theatre and it's been so long since I sang that I find all my old music to be mostly useless. I'm rebuilding my rep book and looking for new songs that suit my type and voice! Suggestions are necessary.

I look mousy and nerdy; if there was a The Glass Menagerie the Musical, I'd be playing Laura Wingfield for life. I'm the best friend, the one who never gets the guy, vulnerable but no ingenue by any means. I am a (lyric?) mezzo, preferring my lower range and I have an alto belt but I'm by no means a powerhouse. I don't sing pop, rock, gospel or country well at all; I have a more legit / folky /quirky sound I suppose. I also look young, probably ranging from 14-24; short, brown hair, blue eyes, glasses...I've been considered 'right' for typecasting as Peggy from Godspell and Agnes Gooch of Mame.

Anything is better than nothing! :)

Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:13 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Hi! Auditions for my college's production of Spring Awakening are this Friday (short notice, I know) and I'm looking for a song. It should match the music of the show. I'm a Bass so any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated! Thank you! :D

Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:44 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I am auditioning for Randolph in Bye Bye Birdie, I need a ballad and an up-tempo in the style of the show, so what do you recommend?

Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:10 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Hello everyone. I am auditioning for a male part for In the Heights and have to prepare 16 bars from contemporary musical in the style of the show. i am completely lost as to what song I should sing. I have a baritone singing range and any help would be truly appreciated! Thank you.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:46 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

A good audition song for fiyero( wicked ) could be king of the world?? any recommendations?

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:50 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Hi everyone!
I have an audition for Evita coming up and I could really use your advice! Che's role is taken so I'm going for either Magaldi or Peron, preferably Magaldi. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:34 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Current Obsession: Jason Robert Brown
Main Role: Director
To stay in the Lloyd webber style, I'd say a solo version of Mungojerrie and rumpleteazer as it was performed at the beginning of the broadway production. But then I don't know much about auditions... Hope I can be helpful !

And I do NOT eat frogs !

Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:53 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Thanks for the reply Mibuulle!
I hadn't thought of Cats! Although I really like that musical, I don't know how close it is to Evita's style. To be honest, I was thinking of a piece from either Sunset Boulevard or JCS (to stay in Webber's style). What's your opinion?

Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:29 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Current Obsession: Jason Robert Brown
Main Role: Director
Well I don't know much about JCS songs because I listened to it once and I did not like it :) But I guess some songs would be good for your audition ! As for sunset boulevard, I just think that the title song doesn't really pass with magaldi's character but maybe there are others solo songs that I forgot...

And I do NOT eat frogs !

Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:24 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

To be honest, the title song is the one I'd like to sing but I can see your point. Well... can you think of a character from another musical that resembles Magaldi (or Peron, as a second choice)?
By the way, thanks a lot for your feedback! :-)

Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4873 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 400, 401, 402, 403, 404, 405, 406, 407  Next