The Resource For Musicals

Auditions Auditions Auditions Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4873 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 399, 400, 401, 402, 403, 404, 405 ... 407  Next
Audition song thread? 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Post Re: Audition song thread?
Upbeat and contemporary? Hm. I'm not sure. "Purpose" from Avenue Q jumps to my head, but that might be a little overdone.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:30 pm

Current Obsession: Paul Gordon's new musical, "Emma"
Can't remember if there might be anything from "The Story of My Life" that might work.
Not sure if this is upbeat enough:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL4BgOf2LDE

I'd look into Pasek and Paul in general for contemporary.
Or "Next to Normal" ?
hmm...

I'll keep looking.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:24 am

Current Obsession: Paul Gordon's new musical, "Emma"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqDAleq74To

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:35 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Newsies (thank you, youtube)
Main Role: Performer
Hi everyone!!
I am auditioning for Annie soon and wanted to know what yalls thoughts were. I am hoping for the role of Cecille or Anette or maybe a Star-To-Be (too old for an orphan, too young for a big adult part. :P )
I am an alto, just fyi.
I was thinking about doing:
Not For the Life of Me (Thoroughly Modern Millie) from "Burn the bridge, bet the store..."
Learn Your Lessons Well (Godspell)
or possibly, maybe, still trying to decided if it's stupid or not, Part of Your World

Neither show has been done in the area recently...
I like Learn your Lessons well better, but I didn't know if it went high enough? Of course, I'm not entirely sure what the range is for those characters, because that's proving to be difficult info to find...

And do you think singing a song that doesn't go quite as high as the song in the show matters? if you can do the top note in the audition song easily?

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:19 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: In the Heights,Aaron Tveit, I Love You Because
^ Millie is still generally overdone

I would go with something more standard and closer to the time frame.

Why not try something from "Babes in Arms" - My Funny Valentine

or "Anything Goes", "You're The Top", or "Always True To You" all by Cole Porter

other ideas would be 42nd Street or Drowsy Chaperone which are less overdone than millie.

and Gerswin tunes also can come in good keys for altos.

matching the show does not matter that is what callbacks are for. it matters that you feel comfortable.

Previous: Into The Woods -Cinderella, West Side Story- Rosalia, My Fair Lady - u/s Eliza, Cats -Demeter, FAME!-Serena, Fiddler...- Hodel, A Chorus Line - Lois, Guys and Dolls - Adelaide, No, No Nanette

Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: In the Heights,Aaron Tveit, I Love You Because
along those lines - sorry I've been absent for a while but would love some audition song help.

I'm going in for The Sound of Music this weekend and need a great R&H tune that would work for Maria or Liesl.

I was thinking "Wonderful Guy" from South Pacific or "Many A New Day" from Oklahoma.

also looking for great uptempos(not overdone) for a mega audition coming up in NYC. looking for songs that show personality - sweet and funny/spunky!

Previous: Into The Woods -Cinderella, West Side Story- Rosalia, My Fair Lady - u/s Eliza, Cats -Demeter, FAME!-Serena, Fiddler...- Hodel, A Chorus Line - Lois, Guys and Dolls - Adelaide, No, No Nanette

Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:05 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Anyone have any suggestions for a Tenor audition song for Mamma Mia? Notice only says 16 bars of a Pop song.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:05 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Current Obsession: All things Spring Awakening!
Hi all, I'm auditioning for Holy Musical Batman this week (it's a 24 hour college production) and I'm looking for something humourous and age-appropriate to sing. Anything in the ranges of high soprano to mezzo is fine. The director is fairly familiar with me at this point, but I'd like to entertain her with something quirky. Can you help, MdN? :wave:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:52 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Current Obsession: The Bad Years, Assassins, OOTI.
audreydarling, I like "Many a New Day" for your Maria/Leisl, it seems to be a good fit musically for both of them.

I'm also looking for a little help today, I have an audition for a summer stock production of [title of show] coming up. The company is also putting on the play Private Eyes by Steven Dietz, using the same actors for both shows, and so audition-wise, they've asked for a contemporary song, and a 2-3 minute monologue, preferably comedic. I'm a huge fan of all the contemporary stuff, and so to me, there are almost toooo many options, and I'm drowning in a sea of Kerrigan & Lowdermilk, etc, so if any of you have any suggestions for songs you feel would be appropriate for the show, I'd love to hear them, just to see what an outside eye suggests, because at the moment, I'm picking a new song every hour.

Cheers! Thanks for the help!

Viola in Twelfth Night, & The Leader in Zorba!

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:48 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I was wondering whether 'I don't know how to love him' from Jesus Christ Superstar is overdone?

Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:39 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Couldn't find a solid answer in the archives. Brigadoon audition coming up--going for Meg Brockie.

Any good songs for a mezzo-alto belt that would show off her personality? Range isn't an issue as long as it's below a treble D (i.e. within the standard belt range).

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:07 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Got an audition coming up for Fiddler, just 16 bars ... going for Tevye, it's a natural fit for me, I'm a bass-baritone, but somehow nothing in myaudition repertoire seems to fit.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 4873 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 399, 400, 401, 402, 403, 404, 405 ... 407  Next