The Resource For Musicals

Auditions Auditions Auditions Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4855 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 401, 402, 403, 404, 405
Audition song thread? 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Re: Audition song thread?
cubgirl wrote:
Hi! I am new here, but have enjoyed reading the forums prior to joining. Lots of good info and support here!
I am getting ready to audition for 9 to 5 the musical hoping to land Violet or Roz. What suggestions would you have for 16 bars of an audition song to be sung a cappella? I am an alto. Looking forward to some ideas - thanks in advance!

This is incredibly obscure, but it's the best I got: "I Sleep Easier Now" from OUT OF THIS WORLD.

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:47 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Looking for suggestions for my daughter (she's 12) who is auditioning for the role of Jane Banks in Mary Poppins. This theater requests that you sing something that is from the traditional Broadway repertoire, no contemporary Broadway. Of course nothing she has picked fits this category. She wanted to sing I Know Things Now or Notice Me Horton. She's auditioned at this theater before and sang My Favorite Things, so she didn't want to use the same song. Would love some new ideas!!

Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:26 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

How about something from MY FAIR LADY? Perhaps "I Could Have Danced All Night" or "Wouldn't It Be Loverly"?

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:06 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Those both sound like good options. I was kinda hoping for something that fits the character age-wise, but she will probably like both of those songs. Thank you :)

Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:56 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

I love the idea of "I could have danced all night" for Jane in Mary Poppins!

--

I'm auditioning for Little Red from Into the Woods. They have specifically requested a Sondheim song. The options that I'm see frequently suggested are "If Mama was Married" and "Everybody Says Don't"... but I'm just not feeling either of them. Any additional suggestions? I'm thinking of doing Lucy's "Queen" monologue from Charlie Brown.

Tue May 20, 2014 8:16 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Starlitsinger88 wrote:
I love the idea of "I could have danced all night" for Jane in Mary Poppins!

--

I'm auditioning for Little Red from Into the Woods. They have specifically requested a Sondheim song. The options that I'm see frequently suggested are "If Mama was Married" and "Everybody Says Don't"... but I'm just not feeling either of them. Any additional suggestions? I'm thinking of doing Lucy's "Queen" monologue from Charlie Brown.

How about "Not A Day Goes By" from Merrily We Roll Along or "That'll Show Him" from A Funny Thing Happened On the Way To The Forum?

Wed May 21, 2014 6:19 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Hi Guys and Gals

Auditioning for RENT- role of Mark.

My range is A2- The B above middle C

Any song suggestions? I'm quite literally open to anything.

Cheers :)

Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 4855 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 401, 402, 403, 404, 405