The Resource For Musicals

Auditions Auditions Auditions Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4854 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 401, 402, 403, 404, 405  Next
Audition song thread? 
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Current Obsession: Jason Robert Brown
Main Role: Director
Post Re: Audition song thread?
well, I guess you're right... As I said I don't know much about auditions because I never passed one... :) What I meant is that "on this night of a thousand stars" is rather a happy and seducing song while "sunset boulevard" is absolutely not in the same mood. But if you can sing this song well, I guess it's alright...

And I do NOT eat frogs !

Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:05 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Peter Pan, Sound of Music, Charlotte's Web
Main Role: Fan
Hi :)
I'm kind of new to musicals dot net and have a little trouble with posting, so pardon any errors.
My daughter has an audition in the next month or so for a production of Peter Pan. She's aiming towards the role of Tiger Lily, maybe Peter. She's thirteen and a mezzo/alto with a good belt and needs and uptempo song. Nothing that's really overdone (Rent, Wicked, Les Mis, etc.)
We really need some help, google has been failing us :/ Thanks

Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:39 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Performer
How about "I Speak Six Languages" from The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee? Got the right sort of bravado to it. It's done a fair amount, but I don't think it's overdone, personally.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:14 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Peter Pan, Sound of Music, Charlotte's Web
Main Role: Fan
Rorgg - Thanks for the suggestion! My daughter has heard that song before but never really considered it for auditions. However, she has decided that it really suits her voice well and is a fun song to perform, so it is definitely an option. We're going to see if there's anything else out there before making a final decision within the next few days so she can prepare.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:31 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Hey!

I'm auditioning for a production of Pippin at my college in about a month. I'm going for the roles of Pippin and Lewis, with my third choice being ensemble. I'm a tenor; I don't know my specific range. Anyway, I'm trying to think of an audition song and I've come on here for reference before and decided to just ask this time! So if anyone's got any suggestions, I'm open!

Thanks!

Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:18 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

I think "Lost in the Wilderness" from Children of Eden is a good Pippin song. Also you might like "Out there" from Hunchback of Notre Dame

I don't think Lewis sings, does he?

Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:20 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Disney, Laura Osnes, Fiddler On the Roof
Main Role: Performer
I've just learned that my theatre company is doing Peter Pan Jr. and i really want to do it. Im just not sure who I want to audition for. It's a tie between Wendy, Tinkerbell, and Tiger Lilly. Id really like Wendy but I don't think Ill get it because the previous show i was in was beauty and the beast and I auditioned for Belle and got a silly girl. And my friend says that she wants Wendy so i don't really want to damage our friendsip. So Im 14 years old, 5'5, and a mezzo soprano singer. If anyone could give me their opinion on who I should be with some audition songs that would be great!

Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:47 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Hi! My high school is doing "Little Shop of Horrors" for the musical this year.

I'm a mezzo-soprano (Ab3 to Gb5) and I have a list of songs for the audition, but still haven't found one I'm comfortable with singing yet. I'm aimin' for one of the urchins...

Suggestions?

Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:57 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Stagesister .. how about something from Grease ... "Beauty School Knockout" or maybe something from Hairspray ... "I Can Hear The Bells". Or other songs from those musicals! Break a leg!!!

Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:19 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Hello Everyone,

I just found out that my community theater will be doing Shrek and I really want to audition for the role of Fiona. I would really love for some song suggestions that would fit her character, I am a mezzo.

Thank you so much, your help is really appreciated!

Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:23 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Within this year, I'm trying out for Music Man (Charlie Cowell) and Rent (Benny). I was thinking of singing "When I'm Not Near The Girl I Love" (Finian's Rainbow) for Music Man and "Bless The Lord" (Gospell) for Rent. Are these good choices?

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:52 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Hi! I am new here, but have enjoyed reading the forums prior to joining. Lots of good info and support here!
I am getting ready to audition for 9 to 5 the musical hoping to land Violet or Roz. What suggestions would you have for 16 bars of an audition song to be sung a cappella? I am an alto. Looking forward to some ideas - thanks in advance!

Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4854 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 401, 402, 403, 404, 405  Next