The Resource For Musicals

The Green Room Forum

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Two more ideas. Need feedback? 
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Post Two more ideas. Need feedback?
In addition to my previous idea, The King of Elfland's Daughter, there are two books from my childhood I would like to adapt for the stage. However, I need feedback on if they could work and resources to help pull off a stage production (composers, technical people, a venue etc.)

Here are the summaries for both stories. They are both modern fairy tales (as in written in modern times, not set in them)

Alissa, Princess of Arcadia:
Learning how to be queen has many rewards but Princess Alissa still finds herself wishing for a little excitement. That wish is soon granted when a mysterious wizard appears and grants her a quest. The quest turns dangerous when Alissa's father, King Edmund, invites a castle full of guests to the signing of a peace treaty. But one of them is secretly plotting to ruin everything. Can Alissa spot the traitor in time to save her kingdom?

Laurel the Woodfairy:
Laurel knows she isn't like most woodfairies. She isn't shy and quiet or graceful and artistic. She would rather explore the mysterious Great Forest that lies at the edge of the woodfairies' peaceful Dappled Woods than practice her dancing and flute playing. Her adventurous spirit leads her to befriend a pixie named Foxglove, the first visitor to the Dappled Woods in ages. However, when the woodfairies' most important possession, the Crystal of the Chronicles, disappears, Foxglove is immediately blamed for the theft. Laurel and Foxglove must journey into the Great Forest and face an enemy beyond their wildest imaginings in order to recover the Crystal and clear Foxglove's name.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]