The Resource For Musicals

The Green Room Forum

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Need some advice... 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Need some advice...
Hey guys I'm new to this board so "hello!", but I come here with a purpose that I hope I can find an answer to. I consider mysef somewhat of a seasoned writer, in that my book/screenplays are decently top notch when I finish them.

So close to two years ago I decided to give myself a challenge and write a musical, something I have always wanted to do. And let me tell you it was exhausting. Well I finished it a year ago, but now I've been struggling over the past year with composers. The first one strung me along for four months then it turned out he just didn't have the time to work on it, the second the rest of the year - teasing me with music from his back catalog - plus he knew nothing of notation.

I should note I found both on craigslist, and I think I'm done with the musician section there from now on. I've tried to scower the ends of the internet looking for forums similar to this, but for composers, but I just cant seem to find that one niche web site.

Plus I should note that my material has been turned down by some for being "too offensive" and "offbeat" (think Book of Mormon, and Avenue Q but merged with Evil Dead 2 and The Breakfast Club).

I guess my question is after all this rant, does anyone know of a general location I can go to find a composer (other than Craigslist), who has a wicked sense of humor.

Thanks,

Sean

Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]