The Resource For Musicals

The Green Room Forum

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Majoring in Tech or Drama? 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Majoring in Tech or Drama?
I just would like to know, since I can't major in both, which sounds better. Know beforehand that I am a lighting freak and absolutely LOVE crewing for theatrical lights as well as designing them. Performing is my calling however, and nothing makes me more free than when I can participate in some way with it. I have to think about a career path that will get me out of the workplace I'm in now however and so I'd need something that isn't really unpredictable. I also worry about getting some parts because I have some tattoos that are fairly large and dark on my forearm and shoulder. My question is which I should do:

1. Major in Drama and try to get a tech position wherever possible without any form of degree.

OR

2. Major in Technical Theatre and still be able to audition for whatever I can locally.

I really kind of need to decide soon so that I can work on whatever credits I will need to transfer to a four year institution and to plan where exactly I'd like to go. I'd LOVE to stay in San Diego but USD's tech program is a graduate program. Poo. That's another discussion though. Thanks for the insight and opinions!

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]