The Resource For Musicals

The Green Room Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Internships for stage management 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Performer
Post Internships for stage management
My boyfriend is going to graduate from the theater department at my college this spring with a degree in stage management. He's looking for an internship for this summer that would start sometime in mid- to late June (we're on the quarter system, so we're not out of school until June 10ish). His dream is to work for Cirque du Soleil, so non-conventional stage management internships would be great! If you know of any internships being offered this summer, please let me know. Our theater department isn't the most supportive of their techies, so I'm afraid he isn't going to get help from the faculty at contacting alumni and whatnot. Thanks guys :)

Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:55 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Stage Manager
Post Re: Internships for stage management
I know that Nashville Children's Theatre has a stage management internship. It's not exactly unconventional, so I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but I figured I'd put it out there!

Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:39 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Performer
Hey thanks! I'll be sure to show that to him. I don't think the internship has to be unconventional, it just might help in the future with Cirque du Soleil haha.

Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:38 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Are you a student or recent graduate who is looking for internships this summer? Our organization is cooperate with many Universities Career Centers to provide opportunity to search for internships in different areas like finance, consulting, marketing, arts, sales, law, international business. Most of our interns can get a full time job.

[Mod edit: A quick IP number check confirms that this originates from Orissa, India. Nice place, but unlikely to get many internships. Commercial links in posts or signatures are NOT ALLOWED on this forum. Any further incidents will result in immediate permanent ban. Have a nice day, now.]

Sat May 12, 2012 5:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]