The Resource For Musicals

The Green Room Forum

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Accompaniment tracks for Les Miserables 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Accompaniment tracks for Les Miserables
Okay, so in the past for senior projects at my high school the kids have had a big group do a musical. They did all the pre-show stuff with licensing and tech and then some of them performed. We're not doing that this year, instead a smaller group is doing a talent showcase that we're organizing and doing some performances in. We'll still be doing all that other stuff, however in the past they have had a pit orchestra, since there will be other people performing as far as dancers, straight actors, and solo instrumentalists, it is not practical for us to hire a pit orchestra.

For one of my acts I was really hoping to perform some songs from Les Miserables with my friends. In My Life/A Heart Full of Love, and On My Own. The problem is all the backing tracks I've found are really corny karaoke tracks or dinky piano tracks. Where do high school musicals that can't afford pits get their backing music? Help! The project doesn't start till May, but I want to sort this out early if possible. Are there any reputable companies that can be hired to create these three tracks specifically?

Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]