Musicals.Net
http://musicals.net/forums/

Which would you choose? (Part 2)
http://musicals.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=78890
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Apples2for10 [ Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Which would you choose? (Part 2)

My college has got our upcoming theatrical season down to seven possible choices, so I was wondering (just for fun) which of the seven shows you all would choose. Be sure to explain your choices.

1. Our Town
2. Clue (not the musical)
3. Plenty
4. The Crucible
5. Noises Off
6. 1984
7. All in the Timing

I can't wait to hear your opinions!

Author:  elizabethjaneforrest [ Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

Noises Off. That show is such a riot, and a challenge!

Author:  Salome [ Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:01 pm ]
Post subject: 

The Crucible..a great gripping classic with alot of meat to it.

Noises off.. easily one of the top 5 funniest plays ever written.

Author:  SomeoneLikeYou [ Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

Salome wrote:
The Crucible..a great gripping classic with alot of meat to it.


YES YES YES YES YES! Do it! =D>

<3

Author:  lilmissbroadway [ Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

Noises Off. It's incredibly funny, and with the meticulous blocking, it'd seem like it would be very fufilling and satifying (redundant? whatever!) to do!

Author:  Beagle On Stage [ Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

The Crucible is an excellent college show. It has many multi-faceted roles for the cast to sink their teeth into and grow from educationally. My second choice would be Our Town, but to me it loses something with a cast of young adults only.

I wouldn't do Noises Off in an educational setting. It's a funny show but it doesn't give the cast much opportunity for growth. It is, however, a tour de force for the designers.

Author:  Vichysois [ Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:17 am ]
Post subject: 

All in the Timing is a wonderful, dynamic comedy collection. I found it to be a great "manual" of sorts for the contemporary comic stage actor/actress. The vignetted style makes for great pacing, and the designers can experiment with different styles for each "scene." That gets my vote if you want a light-hearted nite with deceptively complex acting required.

Author:  Salome [ Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:41 am ]
Post subject: 

Beagle On Stage wrote:
I wouldn't do Noises Off in an educational setting. It's a funny show but it doesn't give the cast much opportunity for growth. It is, however, a tour de force for the designers.


it teaches young actors an essential part of being on stage. timing!!!!!
it also gets them aquianted with farce.and makes them memorize likes "Word for word"!.....i think its a great show in an educational setting.

Author:  Apples2for10 [ Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

Beagle On Stage wrote:
My second choice would be Our Town, but to me it loses something with a cast of young adults only.


Auditions are open to faculty as well as students, so it wouldn't be just young adults.

Author:  Beagle On Stage [ Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

Salome wrote:
Beagle On Stage wrote:
I wouldn't do Noises Off in an educational setting. It's a funny show but it doesn't give the cast much opportunity for growth. It is, however, a tour de force for the designers.


it teaches young actors an essential part of being on stage. timing!!!!!
it also gets them aquianted with farce.and makes them memorize likes "Word for word"!.....i think its a great show in an educational setting.

I hadn't thought of it that way. Those are all things that were always a given for me as a young performer so sometimes I forget that there are just as many people discovering the basics in college, as there are people fine-tuning a nearly finished product.

Author:  elphieglinda16 [ Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:13 am ]
Post subject: 

I'd suggest Our Town, but only because I have seen the title somewhere else before. Or heard it....?

Author:  Salome [ Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

Our Town is overdone. If i never see another production of that show I'll be happy.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/