The Resource For Musicals

The Green Room Forum

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
New Here...Don't Know if I Fit In??? 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post New Here...Don't Know if I Fit In???
Hi everyone! I'm a music teacher in NJ and I run the Spring Musical every year. I do it all - direct, produce, choreograph, musical direction, set design, costumes, ticket sales, multimedia - you name it, I've done it.

This year we're doing Disney's Aladdin, Jr. (through MTI) and the show is coming along very nicely! I've double casted to give more kids a chance at having the "lead" roles. My costumes are being custom made and we're in the process of building simple sets.

I guess I just want to know if this is a good forum for me to visit for ideas on future productions, technical questions, choreogrpahy ideas and the like.

Thanks so much!!

Anne

Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:35 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

As for getting Charactor help I find this website fantastic. You get alot of great audition tips from other people who have played the charector from professioal theatre to Highschool. As forgetting ideas as a director I think it is also a good resource to get ideas. Especially if your looking for little bits you want to add to your show. I had some people give me suggestions for bits in the fighting scene in West Side Story. Some of those bits helped make the fighting in our show look alot more realistic.

After being long winded I would say yes its an amazing "free" tool for all Musicians, Actors, and Directors.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:54 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Don't forget the designers. I have found a whole bunch of friends that are willing to help me with my career and networking.

Like the arts? Check out my new blog The Arts!!

Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:16 pm
Profile WWW

This forum it great for information, support, encouragement and all kinds of things musical. I hope you enjoy it here. Welcome.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:34 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Welcome aboard, I'm sure you'll love it here. I've fitted in just fine ~ there's really a place for everyone here - whether you're a designer, stage manager, actor or fan. You'll definitely get good support and ideas from everyone here!

I hope you have a fantastic time on the forum. :D

Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]