Spiderman on hold 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Performer
Post Re: maybes...
RainbowJude wrote:
Chevstriss wrote:
maybe we could hold a bake sale.

or a variety show tel-a-thon to try and resuscitate it?

or maybe Bono could write a check.

maybe this could have been posted in the thread where this production is already being discussed.

maybe this could have been put in the stage door forum where it belongs.

Later days
David

someone posted that article before I did? damn!

what's a stage door forum?

Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:48 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: Musicals!
Post Answers
Chevstriss wrote:
someone posted that article before I did? damn! what's a stage door forum?

1. No, but you know there is a thread already discussing the development of this musical. You've posted in it yourself. There's no reason to start a new thread on an the wrong board when the news could just have appropriately been appended onto the existing thread - although that one is also on this board instead of over at The Stage Door where it belongs. Posting in appropriate forums using threads that are active makes it easier to follow news about a particular production if you're interested in it and easy to find again later as it helps to streamline the search function and maximise its efficiency.

2. "The Stage Door: The place to chat & socialize about all things Broadway, West End, etc. Got gossip about actors? Rumors about upcoming shows? Cheap tickets secrets? Spill it here!"

Last edited by RainbowJude on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:05 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Performer
Post Re: Answers
RainbowJude wrote:
Chevstriss wrote:

1. No, but you know there is a thread already discussing the development of this musical. You've posted in it yourself. There's no reason to start a new thread on an the wrong board when the news could just have appropriately been appended onto the existing thread - although that one is also on this board instead of over at The Stage Door where it belongs. Posting in appropriate forums using threads that are active makes it easier to follow news about a particular production if you're interested in it and easy to find again later as it helps to streamline the search function and maximise its efficiency.

Posting in a thread that is over 12 hrs old w/ no activity is known as Necroposting, an internet bulletin board sin I purged myself of in the late 90s.

RainbowJude wrote:
2. "The Stage Door: The place to chat & socialize about all things Broadway, West End, etc. Got gossip about actors? Rumors about upcoming shows? Cheap tickets secrets? Spill it here!"

I mistook that for a tomb. My drop box is set for this forum. I visit no other. Blue flag the post and call a monitor if you have a problem.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:19 pm
Profile WWW

It's not a "sin" when it appropriate and on topic in a topic that is ongoing. And yes, I will.

Last edited by RainbowJude on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:26 pm
Profile WWW

Main Role: Fan
Chev I agree whole heartedly. Some people like to stay informed on the development news of shows but don't really want to continue to click on the real general topics just to find that someone said "I think it's a dumb idea". David if you want to post stuff in your incredibly general threads where anything and sometimes everything is discussed, be my guest. But don't attack someone else because they thought it was worth its own thread or for putting it in the social forum, where most of the active users stay, so that they will see it.

prime example of what I'm talking about. I posted in the social forum that Ragtime was officially coming to broadway. You posted the same article in a thread about the Lincoln Center production on the Ragtime board. I know that many, if not most, of the users here aren't really interested in the Lincoln production. They want Broadway news, and most of them wouldn't have seen it where you posted it. They would have had no idea that your thread on the Lincoln production had turned into a thread on the new Broadway revival. I myself had looked to see if someone had already posted the article and because it wasn't by itself I had no idea. And then you attacked me the same way you attacked chev. It's rude and frankly not that big a deal. Post in the manner that you want to, and let me, Chev, and the rest of us as we want. Thanks.

http://bestpicturenoms.wordpress.com/

Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:00 am
Profile WWW

Post Forum Usage
The Social Club Forum is not the most appropriate place for that kind of news and I will continue to request that people post on Musicals.dot in a way that supports the way the site is set up to be used. If this site was meant to be a place where everything is posted on one board, the various other boards would not exist. The bottom line is that the Social Forum is not a Miscellaneous Forum any longer and it is intended for off-topic threads and things like polls that encompass all of musical theatre and therefore do not fit in any other place.

Broadway news should be posted on the appropriate show's board or on the relevant miscellaneous boards (The Stage Door, Other Current Broadway & West End Shows, Other Shows etc) if there is no specific board for that show. The argument against this, that the boards aren't busy enough, is thin and self-perpetuating. If the appropriate boards are used by everyone, as intended, then they will be visited.

Furthermore, the rules of the forum actually state that threads should be placed on the appropriate boards. Therefore you are in the wrong here, no matter which way you argue it.

Last edited by RainbowJude on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:50 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: next to normal
Chevstriss wrote:
RainbowJude wrote:
Chevstriss wrote:

Posting in a thread that is over 12 hrs old w/ no activity is known as Necroposting, an internet bulletin board sin I purged myself of in the late 90s.

RainbowJude wrote:

I mistook that for a tomb. My drop box is set for this forum. I visit no other. Blue flag the post and call a monitor if you have a problem.

12 hours? No idea what other forums you must post on, but 12 hours is basically a brand new thread :P.

Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2