The Resource For Musicals

The Stage Door Forum

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
You know you're a theatre geek when..... 
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

-When you get excited about a TV programme that has your favorite M/T stars in and nobody else knows who they are when you say OMG Its got....in

Haha, same - I was so excited when I saw Bernadette Peters and Aaron Lazar in Ugly Betty :D

Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:17 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

When Aaron Tveit was Tripp on gossip girl...
My Favourite T.V show and Broadway star al in one

Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:02 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

- when you ask your teacher to come downstage because you can't see something. (that happened the first week of school this year. :D)

Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:03 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

When your teachers always ask whether you're going to have time to do the homework they set because there are so many weeks when you don't have time because of rehearsals/performances.

Ygraine in Pendragon
Mrs O''Lafferty in Ragged Child

Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:55 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Main Role: Fan
-when your colleagues ask at your birthday if you're going to see a show with your friends to celebrate (and you have to admit you go and do that the next day)
-when you're saying you're going to a certain city, and the first thing your colleagues ask what show is playing there
-when you're discussing a show with a friend, and all other (even theatre-minded) friends run away from you
-when you always have musicalquotes when someone says something or something happens.
-when the only thing you have on your iPod are musicals
-when you're scared that because of an operation on your ankle, you have to miss a couple of shows (but I'm not scared of the operation...)

Last edited by Lein on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:41 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Hehe, I can relate to just about everything on this thread :D

-When you tell somebody you got a new CD and they don't ask what CD it is, they just ask what musical it was.
-When you only have about 20 songs on your iPod which aren't Cast Recordings...
-And they're all Idina Menzel songs anyway xD
-When you spend weeks persuading your sister to let you name your (shared) guinea pigs Glinda and Elphaba and are extremely excited when you finally do :D :D
(These are hypothetical guinea pigs though... we probably won't get them until spring xD)
-When the back of your English book is full of cast lists for musicals made up of people from your year at school (Yes, that is how I spend my English lessons xD)
-When you are shamefully ignorant about popular films and music, but know just about all there is to know about musicals your friends haven't even heard of
-When you play catergories with your family at christmas (In case you haven't played it, you choose about 10 'catergories' - usually things like a shop, or a girl's name - and then pick a random letter and you have to come up with something in each catergory starting with that letter), you make them let you have 'musical' as one of the catergories and find it easy whatever letter they pick (:
-Then you almost kill your sister when she writes 'High School Musical' for H -.-

Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:07 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

-when you're discussing a show with a friend, and all other (even theatre-minded) friends run away from you
-when you always have musicalquotes when someone says something or something happens.
-when the only thing you have on your iPod are musicals
-when you're scared that because of an operation on your ankle, you have to miss a couple of shows (but I'm nog scared of the operation...)

YESYESYES!!!!!!
Hope your operation goes well :)

KeepDancingThrough wrote:
-When you are shamefully ignorant about popular films and music, but know just about all there is to know about musicals your friends haven't even heard of

Meeeeeeee too!! I have no idea and less interest about most of the bands my friends go on about. Give me a decent musical any day.

-When a song comes on on the radio and you instantly recognise it as being a musical theatre song even if you've never heard of it before and aren't familiar with the musical it comes from.

Ygraine in Pendragon
Mrs O''Lafferty in Ragged Child

Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:10 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

KeepDancingThrough wrote:

Meeeeeeee too!! I have no idea and less interest about most of the bands my friends go on about. Give me a decent musical any day.

Absolutely :D
My friends go and watch bands in concert... I go and watch musicals. It's really not that different I guess... :P

-When you get unnessecarily excited when you start to read a novel in English which has a musical adaptation (Jane Eyre :P ) and start singing the songs when you get to the appropraite point in the book :P

Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:39 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Hehe, I can relate to just about everything on this thread :D

YES! I know nothing about popular music... never recognise songs... but I get emails from people at another forum (who I know because of musicals) asking thing about musical "because I think that's something you would know"

Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:47 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: CATS, Charm&Smiley.
When you happely listen to Memory no matter what launguage its sung on? (So far I got Swedish (mother launguage) Italian, Duch, german, Japaneese, Norwegian and ofc english so far and might have forgotten a couple)

Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:36 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

YESYESYES!!!!!!
Hope your operation goes well :)

Thank you! Still don't know when it's going to happen, but at least I have less show in my agenda then a month ago ;) So it'll work out (and my ankle can't get much worse...)

Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:55 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

YES! I know nothing about popular music... never recognise songs... but I get emails from people at another forum (who I know because of musicals) asking thing about musical "because I think that's something you would know"

My friends always ask me if they want to know about something musical related :P They know not to ask me what a show is about though, otherwise they end up being spoken at for hours in way more detail than they wanted :P

I've also had teachers checking with me that they're right before they say something about a musical. Probably because they know what I'd do if they said something that wasn't true :lol: :P

Hehe, if one of my teachers mentions anything about a musical (or about rats 8-[) half the class turns around and looks at me :P

Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next