The Resource For Musicals

The Stage Door Forum

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
You know you're a theatre geek when..... 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

When you have the "Send Lighting Equipment" facebook application.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:52 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

nabla wrote:
Me: Oh my god that is so Brechtian

Friend: What?

LOVE.

I aim to please baby, lol

Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:04 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

you punch your friend/whoever is with you at a show when they start singing or even humming during a show (happened to me a couple days ago when i saw wicked again :lol: )

Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:06 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

When you spend more time in your drama and choir classrooms than you do at home.
and when, "I can't, I have rehearsal", is the most over-used phrase in your vocabulary.
:D

Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:36 am
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

- you just spent $60 on bootlegs (Yes, I'm a bad person, lol)
- you basically peed in your pants when you saw the three theatre related books you've been searching for at borders. Then panic because you don't have enough money
- you check what auditions are up for the community theatres around you, but you know you cant audition anyway because you don't want to bother your mom about money.
- your brother got you a gigantic 'textbook' like Broadway book that he already knew you'll like
- You started watching Ugly Betty because you found out they referenced hairspray
- you laugh harder than usual at family guy when they make a musical reference
- you jumped when you saw Kristin in Four Xmases bc u didn't know she was there. Then your mom turns to you and says "I thought you wanted to watch this movie bc she's in it". Then you sit there wondering how you completely miss that
- your drama but not-as-into-theatre-friends ask you about a play they're curious about
- you find yourself doing "Over the Moon" from RENT in the shower.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:41 am

Main Role: Stage Manager
I have a list saved onto my computer with over 900 things on it. No doubles. I checked. (Yes, I need a life between shows...)

-You are closer to your theatre friends you've known for 2 months then your non theatre friends you've known for 2 years
-You wish your zipcode is 24601
-When someone says "thats what you think" you start to sing "My New Philosophy" from You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown
-Everytime you go to Barnes and Noble you go straight to the cd section and listen to all the cast recordings deciding which ones you're getting and which ones you're sadly putting back, waiting to get when you have more money
-Once you've looked at the cast recordings you go to the theatre book section to look at monologue books
-You love to go to other shows with theatre friends and critique everything: actors,costumes, sets, everything
-Cast parties are better than birthday parties
-You and your theatre friends pre-cast the how before the list goes up, your usually right about most of them
-People have stopped asking why you have rollers in your hair at school, you MUST be in a show
-Life sees so depressing when your not in a show.
-You cry for hours when a show is over; a part of you has just died
-Backstage people always ask to borrow things from you because they know you have everything (bobby pins, safety pins, hairspray, etc.)
-You get mad at people who claim they are musical theatre freaks but the only shows they know about are Wicked and Rent
-You prepare for auditions months in advance
-You count down the days til the Tony Awards
-In the summer when everyone is relaxing you are loading up your schedule with as much as possible, dance classes, voice lessons, plays
-Your movie collection is practicall all musicals
-All celebrity crushes you've had have been on Broadway actors
-When you see a Broadway actor in a movie you scream and jump up and down and people look at you like your a freak
-Pretty much every facebook group your in has something to do with theatre
-You make a photo album on facebook for every play your in
-You want to punch people who come into a show late or talk the entire time
-You have your lines memorized days after getting your script
-A sold out show makes you very happy

Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post Oh GOD!
Yes, yes, AND YES

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:10 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

-You get really angry when people tell you that characters like Javert and Nessarose aren't real.
-Your goal in life is to go to France, meet a French guy who shares the name of your favorite barricade boy and marry him, just so you can say "I'm married to Combeferre!" or "I'm married to Enjolras!"
-When someone mentions words/phrases like "popular" or "its just life" you sing songs from Wicked.
-The list of places you want to go visit on life are Paris, Washington Heights, Russia, and Oz.
-You've asked your parents countless times to go the London even though you live in America ("I like to be in America! okay by me in America!) just to see a musical there thats no longer playing in the US.
-You have a Castle on a Cloud.
-You're Team Raoul!
-You're a shameless fangirl.
-You constantly ask people to moo with you or if they hear the poeple sing. (Typically, you get the anwsers "no" and 'Cindy are you on crack?!')
-While ever other girl in your school in fawning over Taylor Launter or Robert Pattinson, you're fawning over Ramin Karimloo and John Cudia.
-You enjoy poking fun at tenors.
-You can relate to Carlotta in the Phantom of the Opera and the Lady of the Lake in Spamalot.
-When ever some wears the color black, you sing, "you know black, is this years pink!"
-You've bored all of your friends and family to tears with your rants on Les Mis, Phantom, and Wicked.
-You've read a 1500 page book jsut because a musical you've never seen is based on it.
-You've gotten your best friend to read the Brick.
-You're now reading another book by said author of said book.
-You're always singing showtunes. Really loudly.
-When everyone else talks about how great Lady Gaga is, you tell them "Listen to real singers, like Lea Salonga or Rebecca Caine!"
-Your favorite movies are all musicals (Sweeney Todd, West Side Story, Phantom, Hairspray...)
-You don't consider High School Musical as a musical.
-Your school colors are Red and Black, so you think the school song should be "Red and Black" from Les Mis.
-Your iPod is full of showtunes.
-Your life basically is a musical :)

Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:28 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

-.-Your iPod is full of showtunes.

YES! Seriously you could count the number of albums on my ipod that AREN'T Cast recordings on one hand...I think I have 4 :)

-When, after you've seen a show for the first time you obsess about the actors for weeks afterwards
-When you get excited about a TV programme that has your favorite M/T stars in and nobody else knows who they are when you say OMG Its got....in
-When you have dreams about your favourite stars
-When people ask you about popular music and you have no clue what to say and end up thinking, ask me a question on (show) and I'd answer that straight away
-when your friends tell you "Listen to this, (name of artist) is such a good singer" and you end up thinking "their not THAT good because your expectations are so high after hearing countless show tunes with amazing vocals
-When someone asks you "What are you listening to?" and you reply for the millionth time "oh, its...from the musical....

Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:39 am

Current Obsession: Shaw
Main Role: Performer
- You cringe when people call movie musicals "musicals". It's technically correct but still...GAH! #-o

Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:47 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

- You cringe when people call movie musicals "musicals". It's technically correct but still...GAH! #-o

This.
Also, when you watch said "musicals" (or whatever you wish to call them), you compare every single little detail between the movie rendition and the original stage production. Right down to the difference in costumes.

Upcoming Auditions: Gypsy

Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:06 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

-You are asked to give impromptu speeches about musicals your school is considering
-Youtube videos of various performences dominate your saturday
-You know all the differences between the orginal production, movie, and 1998 revival of cabaret
-Mdn and Broadwayworld.com teach you more than school
-Every break from school is an oppurtunity to build your rep and read another audition book
-A good pair of LaDucas gets you sexually excited

Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next