The Resource For Musicals

R&H Romper Room Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Need help, with regards to "Carousel" 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Need help, with regards to "Carousel"
Dear R&H Fans,

I must present the synopsis of the original, 1945 Broadway version of "Carousel" on Sunday, but I'm having some problems with the synopsis.

The c.d. which I have includes an insert which isn't super specific about the plot synopsis, and I know that the Broadway synopsis is different from the movie synopsis.

I realize that none of the original Broadway recordings of "Carousel" included "Louise's Ballet", but I am totally clueless about the show's Broadway finale!

The soundtrack listings basically end with the songs "The Highest Judge of All" and "You'll Never Walk Alone", and even though the basic plot digest claims that the end of the Broadway show is much like the ending of the movie, the synopsis never states weather or not the Broadway version of "Carousel" ends with a song, or what...

I can't imagine that a World War 2-era Broadway musical wouldn't end with a song! I mean, the most songless Broadway musical finale that I can think of occurrs at the end of "1776", and even THAT musical's final "number" is sort of like a musical number, because it contains a sort of a tune.

I've visited a website called "From Stage to Screen", but that website's creator doesn't seem to specify weather or not the last few songs were actually included in the Broadway version of "Carousel" or not; I'm truly confused about "Carousel's" finale.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
:?:

OPINION: Mitt Romney is "that wicked plastic man!"

Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:29 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Main Role: Performer
the stage version of Carousel ends with the reprise of "You'll Never Walk Alone" at Louise's graduation.

Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:22 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Thanks!
Dear Melindaisy,

Thank you. I feel silly for not checking the "Carousel" section of this site's "Shows" section sooner, because, when I checked that section, I discovered the Broadway plot!

By the way, my presentation went well. I am to present the ending of the story, etc., later. I'm glad that Musicals.Net includes plot digests.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
:oops:

OPINION: Mitt Romney is "that wicked plastic man!"

Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]