The Resource For Musicals

R&H Romper Room Forum

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Didn't Julie Andrews hate SOM? 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Didn't Julie Andrews hate SOM?
She wasn't so hot on taking the role.. and I mean well gosh it's true that it does lend itself to sugary sweetness and it would be a natural concern on anyone's part... but from everything she's said about it from the beginning to now, she usually sounds fairly derisive of its sweetness and popularity and it sounds as if she really didn't 'get' the story. Yet it's usually only Christopher Plummer who is accused of hating the movie.

Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:52 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Post Re: Didn't Julie Andrews hate SOM?
[quote="pinball_wizard"]She wasn't so hot on taking the role.. and I mean well gosh it's true that it does lend itself to sugary sweetness and it would be a natural concern on anyone's part... but from everything she's said about it from the beginning to now, she usually sounds fairly derisive of its sweetness and popularity and it sounds as if she really didn't 'get' the story. Yet it's usually only Christopher Plummer who is accused of hating the movie.[/quote]

Well, she only had misgivings about the role of Maria before she signed on to do the film. She's been rather positive about it in the years since. I wish I could read her autobiography to learn more.

Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]