The Resource For Musicals

R&H Romper Room Forum

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
First time audition 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post First time audition
So I teach latin dance, I sing often and I think I'm decent and I'm trying out for my first musical. I have a couple of questions and I would really appreciate it if someone could give me their advice.

I'm trying out for community theatre part in carousel. I have never acted before but I think I might be good at it with some practice. The question is if I'm trying out for carousel should I choose monologues and songs from the musical? I was thinking of singing 'Soliloquy' or 'If I Loved You' but I still don't know what to do for a monologue.

I also wanted to know if billy danced in the part or if any guys dance besides the ballet? Any suggestions? 8O 8O #-o

Thu May 04, 2006 5:00 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

I wouldn't suggest doing a monologue or a song form the show itself. Have you seen the movie Carousel, I know that it's not the same as the musical but it may give you an idea of what character you might like to play. Once you've done this you can choose a song or a monologue that reflects that specific characters attitude or mood. When you audition though always remember to have fun. Let me know how it turns out

Brigitta "TSOM"
Alice "SBFSB"
Rizzo "Grease"
Silly Girl #1, Napkin/Plate "BATB"
Metamorphoses "Alcyone"

Tue May 30, 2006 7:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]