The Resource For Musicals

R&H Romper Room Forum

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Carousal Audition 
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post Carousal Audition
Okay. We have just recieved word that my community theatre is doing this show in fall 06. I know it's a long ways away. What parts are good for me? A girl... Low E flat to a high C is my range... I can probably go higher but I haven't had soprano training in a while. I stick to alto in choirs however, I can sing it... anyway, I'll be 19 by auditions. I'm not going to bother with hair and stuff... I'm average wieght/height. Curvy, so to say.. so any suggestions.. etc... I know someone will be awesome enough to write something like who each of the women are and what they sing and what thier character's like.. that'd be awesome of someone. Will you be that someone?

Last Show: A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum - Geminae

Favorite Role: Arsenic and Old Lace - Elaine Harper

Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:35 pm
Profile YIM
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

If you wanna have a lot of fun, go for Carrie. The rambunctious girl and a very musical part. She sings "You're a Queer One, Julie Jordan", "Mr. Snow", "Mr. Snow reprise", part of "June is Bustin' Out All Over", "When the Children are Asleep", and she is a fairly large acting role, even for a supporting character.

Julie is the stereotypical innocent girl. If you like acting very wholesome, yet dramatic, go for Julie. She majorly sings "If I Loved You" and "What's the Use of Wond'rin".

Nettie is another supporting character, an older woman. If you saw Oklahoma!, she's Aunt Eller. Her big breakthrough song is "June is Bustin' Out All Over", though she does sing in "This Was a Real Nice Clambake" and she has "You'll Never Walk Alone", the most famous song from the show. If you want a role that's a pretty good balance of acting and singing, but being the lead scares you, go for Nettie.

There is Louise, Billy and Julie's daughter. She doesn't sing, and has to be a very good dancer. She also has to act very tough, like her father. Though she also has to act scared when Billy talks to her.

And then there's the cameo women's role, Mrs. Mullin. Billy's boss at the carousel, has to be mean and look fairly old. No singing required, and she practically disappears in Act 2 except when Billy dies. She also can be a fun part to play. According to stageagent.com, here are the parts for each of these.

Julie: Soprano
Carrie: Alto/Mezzo
Nettie: Mezzo
Louise: No singing necessary
Mrs. Mullin: No singing necessary

Found this thought it might help you!!!

Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]