Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Babette Costume 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Location: A relatively fictitious hospital in a much less fictitious town
Current Obsession: Beatles songs in general, Beauty and the Beast
Main Role: Performer
Post Babette Costume
Alrighty, so, as you can tell, I was cast as Babette. I'm incredibly happy, and I can't wait 'till my costume is finally finished. Thing is, I'm kind of getting nowhere with it.

My mom ordered a base dress that was black with an under-dress that was white. The front and back of the top laced up and could make the top tighter. A slit ran down the middle so some of the white dress underneath could be seen. Cool. Yeah. Let's move on.

It came today. It's only the black overdress. It's a little long on me, and the top part is bulky and doesn't fit right. Ain't that just wonderful. D:

We're gonna see what we can do. We can get it hemmed (sp? xD), and we can find a long, white dress WITH SLEEVES, but there's not much we can do about the bulky bodice.

So, does anyone know where I could get a basic white dress, maybe with poofy sleeves? What could we do about the bodice (the material is thick)? Any other ideas would be fantastic.

This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:17 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Current Obsession: Les Miserables
Main Role: Fan
Post Re: Babette Costume
You could get a plain white dress really anywhere. It's march now, so a lot of clothing stores are selling simple, light colored dressed for spring.

For the puffy sleeves, you could buy a puffy sleeved shirted of the same color and material, wear it over the the white dress and the black dress over it.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:06 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Location: A relatively fictitious hospital in a much less fictitious town
Current Obsession: Beatles songs in general, Beauty and the Beast
Thanks so much. :D I'll really be getting the costume all together this weekend, so I'll take your advice.

This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:26 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I really love the costumes very much and I have so many costumes which are my most favorite.I also have babette costume which my one of the most favorite........

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

I had ostrich feathers sewn onto the skirt part of my costume, and it looks fabulous moving onstage, like a real feather duster. The skirt was very long though, so I wouldn't quite call it sexy, though I did have a nice corset on top! I've seen photos of other productions and a lot of costumes never seem to look like feather dusters, so perhaps that ought to be kept in mind whenever people are thinking about costumes :)

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:13 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Basically I'm a costume designer and I've some costumes collections.I have some costumes which are my most favorite and babette costume which I like very much.........

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:54 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]