Beauty and the Beast Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Desperate for Lumiere 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Beauty & the Beast, Curtains, Drowsy Chaperone
Main Role: Performer
Post Desperate for Lumiere
Let me start by saying; this is my first post in this forum. I've done a lot of searching for an "Actor's Forum" lately with no luck. Finally, I found this place, and I think i'll stay for a bit =]
I know this is an odd place to throw my first post, but this is entire reason I've been looking for this kind of forum.

Anyway, the my school is currently considering three different plays, one of them being BatB. Lumiere has always been my dreem role, and based on the amount of boys trying out, I think I have a good shot.

Can anyone provide with tips to learning a French Accent (so i can rock auditions ;D) and just overall how to be Lumiere?

Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:23 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Re: Desperate for Lumiere
This may sound kind of weird, but a lot of Lumiere's I've seen on Youtube have ended up sounding like Yoda. French people don't sound like Yoda. As Lumiere you shouldn't either. ;)

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:38 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Hi and welcome! I recently did Beauty and the Beast and I must say, good choice of character. However, maybe have a back up plan and think of another role you'd like to play just in case. For Lumiere's accent, it really depends. The guy in our show was just a natural. At the callbacks he had this perfect French accent. But for some people it takes a lot of practise to master. Also remember, sometimes accents can really tire your voice so take care you don't sacrifice your singing. But just keep practising, watch videos (plenty of good ones on youtube) and listen to the OBCR. Other things to work on are definitely charisma and humour. Maybe have a go reading the script in character for practise. Hope this helps :)

Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:52 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Beauty & the Beast, Curtains, Drowsy Chaperone
I think that will help me out loads! Thanks!

Allthough it turns out that we WONT be doing BatB this year. Too much tech work, I suppose.
But theres always next year ;D

Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]