The Resource For Musicals

Beauty and the Beast Forum

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Beast's Make-Up 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Beast's Make-Up
Hi, I'm back again!

My production is on in only a matter of days, and I today I found out- my make-up isn't ready (I don't have any), and I've been sent on a mission to find a solution!

So, here's the deal- I will have between a minute or so to wipe off the make-up with either a baby wipe or make-up toilette (my directors were arguing over which one works better, so...), and my make-up has to be cheap, locally accessible (so something I could pick up at a store), but still good enough to not make me look utterly foolish. I will not have any prosthetics.

My director's were suggesting trying out mascara and eye shadow, first on my hand, and wiping it off to see how quickly it comes off. I thought Halloween face make-up might be better, but I'm not sure how easily that comes off. A friend told me that before Halloween make-up cracks, you can used lotion, I guess to keep it moisturized ('cause I'll be sweating!). I'm leaning towards using that stuff, but I'm not sure how quickly I can get it off.

Please, please, help! I know absolutely nothing about stage make-up, or make-up, period. My costume is very good, I don't want it to be ruined by subpar make-up.

Thanks a lot!

Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:45 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

This stuff is home-made, and it's also very easily taken-off. I think I'll try and experiment with it-

http://www.ehow.com/video_2370204_make-face-painting-makeup.html

Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:58 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Main Role: Performer
Will you have enough time to take off make up in the Transformation? Or do you mean normal stage make up? Break a leg in the show!

Sat May 01, 2010 12:44 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

No, I don't mean normal make-up, I mean's the Beast's full face getup. I know it's more traditional for the Beast to wear some sort of mask, but my production could not have afforded a very good one.

The way we're doing the play, Belle will sing Home, stand up, leave me, and I can start taking off a few things, then she will come back, I'll say my last line as a Beast, and the stage will turn black, and I will change. At that point, I'll probably take off my Beast gloves and shoes, put on my human shoes and wash off my make-up.

Today is our first dress rehearsal so I'll try to work out the kinks, but I really don't know if I will have the time to do all that within the 30 second Transformation music.

At this point, I'm liking the homemade idea. I tried it out already, and it came off well on the places I had spread it thickly- thinly, not so much, but the make-up is supposed to be pretty thick anyway. Today, I'm going to Wal-Mart to check out some traditional make-up, so time will tell!

Sat May 01, 2010 4:43 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Okay, so I bought the make-up (and a nose prosthetic!) today, and it turned out great! Little hitch, no time for me to take that off within thirty seconds. Now, inbetween the mob scene and the final fight, I'd have plenty of time to take it off- I'd just have to buy a mask, which would even less complicate the scenes, and I'd have even more time to change!

I'm very happy! :mrgreen:

Sat May 01, 2010 4:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]