The Beauty Is- The Light in the Piazza 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
They Say its Wonderful- Annie Get Your Gun 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Something From Into the Woods 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4

BATB auditions-belle 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post BATB auditions-belle
hey all i'm new-ish. & i'm going to be auditioning for batb (which i've done once before as babette) & i'm literally dying to be belle as im sure just about every other girl is too lol. Anyway, i've been considering The Prologue- Joseph & the Amazing...., The Beauty Is- The Light in the Piazza, They Say its Wonderful- Annie Get Your Gun, & maybe something from Into the Woods. I'm pretty confident that i can sing/sell any of these songs pretty well. anyone have any votes??? any input would be much appreciated. :D

Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:44 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

pleeease? anybody?? i'm usually not so nervous about an audition but the last one i went to i didnt even get a call back :( i would really appreciate anybody's help.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:06 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: Paul Gordon's new musical, "Emma"
I don't think "It's Wonderful" has enough range....
which of these songs shows off the widest range? (See sticky for Belle's official range in the show)
which song can show off multiple voice styles? (Legit and some mix/belting.... not that there's any stipulation that Belle HAS to belt anything, but it's sort of the norm these days, although it depends on the director)
which song is 'lighter' in theme? (not to say light as in 'frivolous', but... you know, not angsty, or depressed, or mad, or self-deprecating...)

p.s. I have an audition for Belle coming up too... I hope we're not going to the same one! ;)

Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:35 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

omg! hahaha i've seen your posts all over i'm glad you commented on mine. im actually located in so cal so i doubt its the same one lol. its also childrens theatre.
none of them are really angsty i'd say theyre all pretty bright except maybe the beginning of astonishing which i probably wouldnt do in my 16 bar audition anyway. you can listen to pretty much all of them on youtube. but thank you again for your reply :)

Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:28 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

auditions today! i actually decided to do somethings are meant to be. (yes i am extremely indecisive) hahaha anyway i'll make sure & update how it goes. :)

Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:53 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Well if anyones interested, i got mrs. potts. it wasnt quite what i was hoping for & i was a little disappointed in their choice of belle(flat). but i can understand seeing as who they chose as the beast, & i was the only one who could really hit all of the upper & lower notes in beauty & the beast. so oh well you win some you lose some this should be fun :)

Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:17 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

So great to hear you keeping a good attitude about the whole thing. I'm sure you will be a lovely Mrs. Potts! Congrats!!!

Recently: Salesman #2/Featured Dancer - The Music Man
Currently: Pablo - Suicide in B Flat
Coming Up: Sebastian - The Tempest

Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:48 am
Profile YIM
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Hey how did you find playing Mrs Potts? I just recently played her and personally....I like her character better than Belles, Belles too soppy and sarcastic for my liking relaly

Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]