The Resource For Musicals

Beauty and the Beast Forum

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
(me singing) "HOME" (just added) and "A Chang 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: Paul Gordon's new musical, "Emma"
Thanks all!! auditions are tomorrow and cast list goes up friday.

I'll have to read these comments again tomorrow before I leave to get my confidence boost! :)

Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:03 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

BREAK A LEG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

BELLEBELLEBELLEBELLEBELLEBELLEBELLEBELLE.

Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:49 pm

Brigantine wrote:
Audition update: (sorry, it's kinda long)

So- I sang last. They had people go in and sing individually, and then after 6-7 people sang, were supposed to have people dance. I'm not sure if anyone danced before our group or not. But they had a few people stay and read after I was done singing. Again, I'm not sure if anyone stayed to read earlier than that or not. I know some people just sang and left.

My song- ehh.... RIGHT before I started to sing, I panicked... so it was a little shaky. Like, I always try to put a little bit of something like she's about to cry when I start "Home", but my nervousness caught up with me very suddenly and I was almost crying for real.
Not awful and not off or anything, just a little weak. **sigh**
Then the MD said "you don't want to try for Mrs. Potts?" (I had put on my form: Belle, Babette, Mme.) and I said well, it's not that I don't want to try, but I really don't think I can sing her song. he said well just for funsies let's sing it. So I did. I think he heard how hard the low f's in the beginning were for me, but I did OK with the rest of it. the director said "where have you been hiding??" umm... MO and MN...? :)
Oh, and the choreographer was crying at the end of "Home", so at least she liked something I did with the song. ;)

Everyone who was left came in and a few read- me and this other girl who looked like 16 and like she could have played Peter Pan (TINY, short blonde hair) read for Belle and two old guys there read for Maurice. Then we also read for Belle when she first talks to Gaston because one of the old guys was reading for Lefou. I don't think she did all that well reading.

Then we did dance- wowza. We danced to one whole verse of Be Our Guest. The first half was easy, and got progressively harder. I was capable of doing all the steps, but like always, had a hard time remembering what came next when we were on our own. But afterwards, The choreographer said I did well with the dance. I was in the front row, so I'm not sure how I did comparatively...

The director said he was sorry that we didn't have any Beasts to read with that night, so he's having a mini-callback on thursday night. I'm going back to read some more. He also said he'd like to hear my accent/voice for Babette, and to just 'make up' a monologue or something that would show off the accent. ??? So I'll be thinking of stuff to say tomorrow.

I'd grade myself a B+ overall: B on the song, B- on the dance, A on the reading... and A for effort!! LOL Plus, I thought my hair looked pretty awesome. ;)

Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:56 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

When does the cast list go up? I'm sitting in SAT class smiling because I'm so excited!!!!!

Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:12 am

There is one more night of auditions tomorrow night (thursday) where they are also have a mini callback because there weren't a lot of people to read on tuesday when I went. Cast list goes up friday.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3