The Resource For Musicals

Beauty and the Beast Forum

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Beauty bloopers 
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

They are from closing night:

-In the scene where Belle first meets Mrs. Potts and Madame de la Grande Bouche, and she pulls the underwear out of the drawer...well, we had been using these giant white granny panties for the entire run of the show. On closing night, Belle reaches in (all three girls were in on this so it wasn't going to throw anyone off) and pulls out a petite, lacey black thong. Madame de la Grande Bouche, Mrs. Potts, and Belle all had wonderful "Oh My!"'s that night!

-In the scene after "Me", where the Silly Girls are talking to Gaston, as they exited across the stage (rather than just going off as they did for the entire run), one of them grabbed one by the wig (using a theatre trick, so that her wig didn't fall off) and threw her to the ground, then ran off yelling "GASTON!". The one on the ground then crawled the rest of the way offstage. The other one (whose wig had fallen off during another performance) was running behind them, ran straight into the procenium wall, looked out to the audience and begin to cry very exagerattedly as she ran offstage. I loved our Silly Girls!

Recently: Salesman #2/Featured Dancer - The Music Man
Currently: Pablo - Suicide in B Flat
Coming Up: Sebastian - The Tempest

Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:14 am
Profile YIM
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

At rehearsal on Tuesday night, when the servants are talking to the Beast about how Belle could be the girl to set them free, the guy playing the Beast said, "But I'm so beautiful, and she's so...." =) it was amusing.

And then when Babette says to Maurice, "Do my eyes deceive me or is this a man?" Maurice went, "Mmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm!"

I don't know if these are actually funny when written down, but they were pretty hilarious at the time...

Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:46 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Location: If you care to find me, look to the western sky...or just look in Toronto
I ushered during a children's theatre production-it was a weekend of three shows, youngest group to oldest group, and I saw the last two groups, the 2 oldest. Anyway, in the last show (the teen group) when Maurice was trying out his invention after fixing it, it didn't quite work. It was much like what Matt Hunter described but a little more low-tech I think-Axes attached to the wheels of a bike that Maurice would ride onstage. Anyway, the ax parts were supposed to move automatically after being "fixed", but something happened and it didn't work, so Maurice just went over and moved one of the axe handles manually and was like "OMIGOD IT'S WORKING". It was really rather amusing to watch...:lol:

Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:16 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

In my production we had a full night of pranks!

Gaston put a Naked wrestler in the picture frame for belle.

The scene were the Beast and Belle were eating in something there that wasn't... ne ways we did it like the movie and he had to put his face in the bowl well someone put a picture of a enormous women in a bra and thong.

I, belle, was dressing in the big yellow dress and the beast walked in on me. It was pitch black but i said: hey *name of actor playing beast* I'm changing here. He was so embarrassed that he ran out of there knocking over everything in his way scaring everyone on stage thinking something had went terribly wrong like the set was falling apart or something

Bet(Oliver), Ensemble(Wizard Of Oz), Morgan(Camelot), Belle(BATB), Apassionata(Lil Abner), Ensemble(Mmmbeth), Claudia(John Lennon And Me), Narator(Joseph),Narrator 1(Seussification), Hotbox Dancer(Guys and Dolls), Edwin (Edwin Drood), Sallie (Hope Chest)

Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:04 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

*Cogsworth's epaulette fell off, and then later, he slipped down the stairs and broke his winding handle. That was a good night. He also discovered, early int he run, that the bottom of the clock portion of his costume knocked against his crotch, so he had to wear a cup. XD

*When the Beast was transforming, he threw off his mask (in the dark, like it is supposed to be)...but when the lights came up, the mask was hanging out on the edge of the castle. Great.

*I played M. d'Arque in this production, and I danced on the table. And almost fell off. Several times.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:33 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

I did this show my freshmen year of high school...lemme see how many I remember...
* At rehearsal, in between the wolf attack (beginning of Act 2) and the scene just before Something There, we had a semi-low backed chair standing in for the one we would be using for the show. Our Beast decided it would be a good idea to jump over the back of the chair. Well, that failed in a major way and he ended up stradling the back of the chair. He fell to the ground in massive amounts of pain while everyone else laughed hystarically.

*Same rehearsal (I think), we were right before the transformation when Belle is singing the Home reprise. At the time, we weren't sure whether we would be using a double for the Beast during the transformation or not (if we could get the equipment to fly him...brand new stage) so we were rehearsing with a double, a kid named Aaron. Aaron was on the floor with Belle. Charlie (the Beast) was supposed to be backstage doing his lines. He, for reasons unknown, wandered onto the stage. I should probably note that there is a rim of some sort at the front of the stage and when you are very close to the front, you can't see the floor of stage. The convo with our director went something like this:
Director: Charlie, you're supposed to be dead!
Charlie: No, Aaron's dead!
Aaron: *Sits up, waves, falls back to the floor with a thud*

*Our Mrs. Potts had this ridiculous habit of taking Chip off the stage and turning the table thing around so you could see the kid's feet sticking out the back..

*One of the kids who played Chip (we had two Chips...this was the good one) came in for his first rehearsal, said his first line, and every single person went "Awwwwwwwwwwww" at the same time. The poor little kid was scared to death!

*Our Lumiere (who was AMAZING) was supposed to chase Babette off stage in the scene before Be Our Guest ("I've been burned by you before!"). They were supposed go off on the upper part of the castle, but something happened to the door and they couldn't go out that way and had to go down the stairs. So the first time they had to do this, he chased her off and was yelling things like "Get back here!" and laughing manically. It's not really a blooper, but he did something different every night and it was always hilarious.

*Again, not really a blooper, but the Silly Girl who had the "Oh no you don't, he's mine" line was dating the guy playing Gaston at the time. Thought that was pretty funny.

*You know how at the end of the movie its kind of hinted at the Mrs. Potts and Maurice are going to become a couple? (At least that's how everyone I know saw it). Yeah, in our show, Maurice and Mrs. Potts were played by siblings. Twins even. Oh were there jokes.

*Kind of on the same vein as the last one, Gaston, Cogsworth, D'Arque and this other random kid were all really good friends and they would hang out back stage and do crazy stuff when they weren't on. And they would come out with insane lyric changes. They made up a completely new version of BOG. The title? Try Incest. They had a dance, too. It was scary.

*One of the guy in the chorus was pretending to cut down the curtain with his knife costume.

*The guy who played Gaston...wasn't that great. We were doing the mob song at rehearsal. At the same as Gaston sings "It's time to follow me," my friend half-whispers/half-sings "I need to sing on key!" About ten people on stage around her, myself included, spent the rest of the song trying not to laugh. I know it wasn't professional, but it was sooooooo funny.

* Opening night, a friend of mine was talking about how he had English homework, but didn't bring it with him, because he didn't think he should. When asked why, he said he couldn't say. Another friend pipes up "Oh, you're reading MacBeth!!!!!!!" We all screamed at her, but the damage was done. Both Belle and Lumiere's mics went out, and we had THE OBOE SOLO FROM HELLLLLLLLLLLLL during the title number, and had a whole pack of chorus members, myself included, fall up a backstage ladder (to the castle) during the mob scene. None of us could get on because of where we were and a few of us were hurt. I skinned my leg, middle of my shin to my knee and ripped my rented costume. The one who caused the pileup on the ladder? MacBeth girl! I became an offical believer in the Scottish Play business after that night.

I know there sooooooo many more of these, but that's all I can think of at the moment....I might be back.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:11 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

When I played Cogsworth last year in BATB, we had a few mishaps.

FDR - In Scene 7 I think with the winding handle, I was saying all the "Get it off me lines!" and was complaining that no one could get it off. Then it fell off... haha.

On the night with some V.I.Ps, Madame de la Grande Bouche couldn't open her cupboard doors completley. She had a rope to keep them open, but she couldn't quite put it in. As this was happening, some of the clothes fell out of her draws, and because of the size of her costume, couldn't bend down to pick them out. She then proceeded to swear with the S Word, and then was like AHH coz she swore, so pretended it was part of it and started singing an aria. She was so nervous when she came offstage and avoided the director the whole night!

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

The first thing that happened was that during dress rehearsal I forgot my first entrance! #-o I was freaking out... My friend (who was playing Cogsworth) had to ad-lib and cover for me for a really long time. All I remember is re-entering the main backstage area and hearing her say: "Oh... where is Lumiere always running off to?"

During our Saturday matinee, the track for "Home"* didn't come on for about three minutes. Belle had to sit in her room and wait for it to come on, just looking sad and trying not to look worried (she did a great job =D> ). We were just about to fetch Mrs. Potts, who (trust me) is the master of ad-libbing, then the track finally came on... and we all shared a sigh of relief backstage.
(*Keep in mind that we were doing the Jr. version, so there was no orchestra; just an accompanying CD.)

Then, during "Be Our Guest" on closing night, when I was leading my friend (Belle) down the steps to the dinner table, I nearly tripped... then she knocked one of the platters off the table by accident... then we started laughing. So, yeah... :oops:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:59 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

This was during rehearsals, but I found it funny....during Be Our Guest, Lumiere had to go offstage after tangoing with Babette, and he completely missed his next cue for whatever reason, and our girl playing Belle just kinda coughed and said Lumiere's line "Napkins sil vous plait!" to cue the napkins' dance...then Lumiere came running onstage. :D

The King and I- Royal wife
Pippin- Angel/Ensemble
Man of La Mancha- Ensemble

Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:11 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Main Role: Performer
Guys, these are really funny, but I'm getting kind of scared about what will happen when it comes to our performance! :lol:

Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:32 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

On the first night, when I'm leading Belle to her bedroom and telling her about the castle, I hear a sort of "zhoom" noise. I look up, and a sheet in the middle of the stage is coming down (the sheet wasn't supposed to be work, either!). Now, I'm behind the curtain, and Belle's in front of it, so I don't really know what to do.

I duck underneath it (meanwhile, Belle is obviously trying to supress giggles) and act out the rest of the scene, although the audience is cracking up, and Belle and I laugh a little through our lines.

After that, they momentarily shut down the play for technical difficulties, but they simply could not get the curtain back up. So, all our sets were pushed up, and we lost quite a bit of stage room (I'm told I nearly fell off the stage during "Beauty and the Beast" dance scene).

I was talking to some people who had seen it that night, and according to them, Belle and I acted through well enough that it didn't seem like it had been unplanned. Apparently, the front of the screen was white, so the red lights made it appear pink, so most people thought it was Belle's bedroom, until Belle and I started visibly laughing.

Otherwise, besides some microphone feedback and Gaston losing his sword to battle me with (he beat me with one of Prince shoes, instead!) nothing else went wrong and it's probably the best play my two-year-old school has ever produced. :P

It's quite an enchanting play, anyway... All our reviews were fantastic!

Wed May 05, 2010 6:42 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

It was our third performance and everything was going great.

During the scene where Cogsworth and I (Lumiere) are prepping the Beast before his waltz with Belle, I forgot to bring the Beast's blue waistcoat on-stage. It was my job to bring it on, so I felt like an idiot. :oops: We kept going with scene as we normally would, but when the music for "Beauty and the Beast" started, we all panicked! We were already supposed to be leading the Beast down the steps. All of a sudden, the Beast tilted his head in my direction, trying to to motion me off-stage to get the waistcoat. One of the people on tech crew reached their hand on-stage with the waistcoat, and Cogsworth and I quickly took it and hurried to put it on the Beast. We heard quiet laughter from the audience as we took the waistcoat from the suspicious hand handing it to us from off-stage.

Everything turned out okay after that, though. These kinds of experiences make great stories later on! :)

Tue May 18, 2010 4:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next