Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Current Obsession: Falsettos (forever), Avenue Q, The Scottsboro Boys
Main Role: Performer

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:06 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

I sang the whole of 'A Change In Me' with the magic mirror attached to the back of my dress in the dress rehearsal. Also I didn't have time to get into the pink dress and came on with it undone and about ten people asked me if I realised. No, I didn't know my dress was undone :roll: it was funny though.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:07 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Re: Beauty bloopers
These are so funny! :lol: One night in our version of BatB, Mrs. Potts accidentally slapped Le Fou during the castle battle scene, sending him toppling down the stairs on the side of the stage. It was alright, though. The audience thought it was intentional. ;)

Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:49 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I played Chip in my school's production of BatB last year, we had SO MANY bloopers it was ridiculous (or at least it felt like it). Here are some of them...:

Both the boys playing Gaston and Lefou wore these ridiculous wigs in the show, and one time in rehearsal during "Me" Gaston's wig fell off repeatedly, leaving him in a wig cap that that made him look completely bald! He also split his pants during a run of "Gaston". So funny.

Another rehearsal blooper was during "Belle" when she goes to the bookseller. We had just gotten new mics and for some reason, Belle's mic was not working, so when she went offstage for 2 seconds, it ended up being 3 minutes, while the bookseller talked to herself and let the air take her book.

Now for the show ones:

So someone stupidly said that wonderful Scottish play, and CHAOS ensued.

First when the Silly Girls were fighting over Gaston, one of them got her hair stuck in another's dress and was dragged offstage while the other tries to pry her off.

Another was during the battle scene where Mrs. Potts and Chip beat up Lefou. I went to go sit on my cart and a WHEEL FELL OFF. The girl playing Potts managed to push me on with the cart and luckily didn't have to do it again.

Now some pranks:

For the aforementioned scene between Mrs Potts/Chip and Lefou, I was supposed to pretend to spit on him. For the last show we were in high spirits and decided to do something else. So I grabbed a cup of water and hid it in my cup component, then quickly mentioned it to Lefou before we went onstage. I then went and spat a GIANT gulp of water on him while everyone offstage burst out laughing.

It was honestly the funniest show I've been in.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:17 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I did Beauty and the Beast about three years ago, so I'm sure I've forgotten some of the bloopers, but I still (and probably will always) remember the best one.

During the Gaston/ Beast fight, the Beast was supposed to throw Gaston to the ground at one point. During our last show, he threw him to the ground so hard that Gaston's wig actually flew off his head. The Beast tried to make it look natural and kind of gruffly slid the wig over to Gaston while still pretending to fight and Gaston quickly jammed the wig on his head... which would have worked except that the wig was sideways and his ponytail looked like it was sticking out his ear. In addition, during this fight scene, the Beast's cape had slipped around his neck so it was in the front like a bib and his "mane" fell forward so he looked ridiculous too. All of us backstage pretty much lost it.

I just saw a production last year on closing night. Everything had gone absolutely perfectly until the very end. They used smoke to conceal the Beast's transformation and way too much smoke was used. It set off the smoke detectors in the theatre and we all had to evacuate while the fire department got there and made sure everything was cool.

Definitely an entertaining show to say the least. :)

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:15 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Location: A relatively fictitious hospital in a much less fictitious town
Current Obsession: Beatles songs in general, Beauty and the Beast
Today, we practiced scene 3 (When Maurice first enters the castle). We've been using a cafeteria chair for when Maurice sits down and "warms himself by the fire". Well, our Beast went to drag Maurice, and somehow, the chair got dragged along as he was being pulled. So the chair fell, and both the Beast and Maurice stumbled on it, so Maurice fell along with the chair.

...Then, everyone cracked up. xD Including Maurice.

This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:51 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Current Obsession: Les Miserables
Main Role: Fan
My favorite that happened is during a dress rehearsal, we were doing the scene before the Mob Song. When Gaston kisses Belle, some of his beard make-up got on her chin. We all pretty much died laughing because she kept trying to wipe it off while saying her lines in character. XD

On the night of our last performance, when Cogsworth walked off stage towards the end, his mustache fell right off. He just stared at it, horrified, one of the other characters picked it up for him and tried to calm him. They were pretty in character at it!

The not-so-funny blooper we had was that our mikes only worked half the time. Through out songs the mikes kept fading in an out, especially one the big solo songs like "If I Can't Love Her" and "Home"

Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:02 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I'll probably have more soon; next week, we gotta lose the scripts and have our lines memorized. Let's see how Belle does...

This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:11 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Current Obsession: Les Miserables
Main Role: Fan
FrappeGroove wrote:
I'll probably have more soon; next week, we gotta lose the scripts and have our lines memorized. Let's see how Belle does...

Not to be off-topic, but are you expecting that Belle messes up?

Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:18 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

xXMoonOwlXx wrote:
FrappeGroove wrote:

Not to be off-topic, but are you expecting that Belle messes up?

Half yes, and half no. We don't have the best Belle, and she doesn't always pay attention. But we haven't been rehearsing all that much (we got a very late start), and Belle has a lot of lines, of course. I'm saying that since we barely started in late February, it'd be nearly impossible for her not to screw up.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4