The Resource For Musicals

Beauty and the Beast Forum

Reply to topic  [ 580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Silly Girl who is VERY upset!!! 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Its been a while since Ihave visited the B$TB forum but why is it everytime I vvisit here there is some hijacked thread thats like 40 pages long?

The best part its always a high jacked thread of someone complaing on what par they got in B$TB.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:26 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

i can relate, of course it's difficult when you've worked so hard and feel you deserve something. but i guess that's the business. i just finished playing a silly girl, and it helped me grow as an actress much more than i think even playing belle could have. not only will it help you deal with disappoitment, but it is a fun character!!!! the costumes and the makeup were so fun! and there is a section of one of the scenes where there is plenty of room for improv, the three of us managed to get a whole lot of laughs each night. just have fun with it!

Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:11 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: In the Heights,Aaron Tveit, I Love You Because
Main Role: Performer
I used to be upset about similar things but then i relized it's just amateur theatre/high school.

considering I have so much ahead of me I will have plenty of opportunities to play the roles I want. My problem was opposite...I was always cast in roles that weren't accurate to my talent level compared to the upperclassman. now I am not complaining. it's pretty bad when the two girls cast in the leads can't hit the notes for their roles or in a fosse show when one of the three leads had never taken a dance class before auditions (that one was fine cuz I was a sophomore and got the frug!!) and this year...I still didn't get the part I wanted but on the bright side I am doing something I will never again do, a female interpretation of a male character with a whole new script. it's like let the people who are just doing this for fun have their time...if you really want to do this professionally and stick it out high school is so minimal in your career. focus on college and have a good attitude just having "fun" with this show and use it as a learning opportunity.

I know you are probably over it by now but for anyone else who may be in the same predicament that's the best advice I can give.

Previous: Into The Woods -Cinderella, West Side Story- Rosalia, My Fair Lady - u/s Eliza, Cats -Demeter, FAME!-Serena, Fiddler...- Hodel, A Chorus Line - Lois, Guys and Dolls - Adelaide, No, No Nanette

Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:48 am
Profile YIM WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

hey listen if u like theatre u will most certainly love ur part being annoying and talking a man just might be fun...so dont whine.....until u hav 2 when youre in character....lol.omg

Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:35 am
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: Stephen Sondheim, Falsettos

I think the Silly Girls would be a lot of fun to play. There are several anatomical barriers that stand in my way, however, but were those barriers not there, I might even aspire to be a Silly Girl.

Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:57 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

The "Silly Girl who is very upset" thread died out on page 13(?) over a year ago. It was hijacked not long after and now is dead again.

Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:11 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Silly Girl is an awesome part. There's not a lot of pressure, but you get to have so much fun. You act completely ridiculous all the time. I'm a Silly Girl too, and it's great. Sure, I would have rather been Wardrobe, but it's just one show. I have other chances.
Be glad you got such a fun part.

Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:33 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

#-o Somebody, please. Lock this before ANOTHER newbie drags it back up again.

Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:39 am
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

The on e time I ever played an ensemble role was in my high school's production of The Wiz, and in that show, the ensemble gets a lot of cool stuff, but I never let myself enjoy it, which was extremely dumb of me, please, please enjoy it, love it, no matter what it is theatre.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:42 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:55 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post omg
OMG you got a part be happy. a lot of people would love to have that part. that part is one of my favorites. AT LEAST YOU GOT A PART. be happy javascript:emoticon(':D')

Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:02 am

Current Obsession: Stephen Sondheim, Falsettos
If this thread gets revived one more time...

Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next