The Resource For Musicals

Beauty and the Beast Forum

Reply to topic  [ 580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Silly Girl who is VERY upset!!! 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Theaterfan101 wrote:
wicked_boy: you didn't?
wicked_boy wrote:
Trevor reincarnate wrote:
Grow up...

...All of you.

('Cept Trevor.)

I don't see the word "stupid" used anywhere.

Wow, Trevor just actually backed me up for something?!?!?

*Is very shocked / happy.*

Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:49 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

I don't mean to rain on your parade... and I'm not really because I WAS backing you up as well... but I was more backing myself up...

So it goes both ways. :-k

My Youtube

Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:21 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Wow is it odd that there is/was like a battle/fight going on in here lately and I've had like 99.9% nothing to do with it!

Not to mention I haven't really been posting much at all lately.

Hmmmm.....what the hell is going on?!

MdNs Most Likely to Become President (Superlatives ''''09)
Whatever that means???

I''VE ALWAYS BEEN A CHICAGO GIRL!!

Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Froggy went a courting and he did find
Something Something by his side.
Uh ha Uh ha Uh ha

I was reading your post and began laughing...It was because my mom sang that song when I went to the Ocean last year and we were all sitting roasting marsh. and then my mom started singing that song! :lol:

Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:08 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

i just had it stucked in my head, and since this is my (and my familys) random thread I posted it hear. glad it made you laugh.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:16 pm

Main Role: Performer
this is old isn't it?

uh, mdners.. you guys crack me up.
I'm not sure why, though.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:23 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Wasn't this locked? Or was it the other thread?

Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:27 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Location: Manchester, England, England. Across the Atlantic sea...

Currently - Muchkin #1 - The Wiz
- Mum/various - Blackout

Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:35 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Post High school director here too
In my opinion, if you're only interested in acting to get all the lead roles, you're missing the whole point. As someone else said, doing a show is a TEAM sport. If your director thought physically and talentwise, you'd be best for a Silly Girl, then take it at that. There are probably many girls in the chorus who would be thrilled to have that part.
Nobody DESERVES a part. And my theory is, I don't cast seniors just because they're seniors. And I definitely don't cast someone who's already had a lead. That leads to bad morale in the school's drama department.
And all the cattiness and badmouthing of others with other castmates WILL get back to me, and affect my opinion of you.
There are reasons she was chosen and not you. Attitude, physicality, where you are in what YOU need to learn and teach others, that's a huge one. Be a leader. This is your opportunity to GROW in this way, as a supporting role.
My opinion as an actor is, leading romantic leads are BORING. There is nothing to learn. Bad, funny or character roles are much more interesting and help me expand my talents as an actor. Having a lead role to feed my ego does not help me learn.
And if you're not going to be happy, then give somebody else a chance and QUIT.

Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:37 am

Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:21 am

Current Obsession: Shaw
Main Role: Performer
Post Re: High school director here too
carolecat wrote:
In my opinion, if you're only interested in acting to get all the lead roles, you're missing the whole point. As someone else said, doing a show is a TEAM sport. If your director thought physically and talentwise, you'd be best for a Silly Girl, then take it at that. There are probably many girls in the chorus who would be thrilled to have that part.
Nobody DESERVES a part. And my theory is, I don't cast seniors just because they're seniors. And I definitely don't cast someone who's already had a lead. That leads to bad morale in the school's drama department.
And all the cattiness and badmouthing of others with other castmates WILL get back to me, and affect my opinion of you.
There are reasons she was chosen and not you. Attitude, physicality, where you are in what YOU need to learn and teach others, that's a huge one. Be a leader. This is your opportunity to GROW in this way, as a supporting role.
My opinion as an actor is, leading romantic leads are BORING. There is nothing to learn. Bad, funny or character roles are much more interesting and help me expand my talents as an actor. Having a lead role to feed my ego does not help me learn.

I'm really sorry to break this to you, but this topic was created over nine months ago, bud.

Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:13 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: High school director here too
ActingDude17 wrote:
carolecat wrote:

I'm really sorry to break this to you, but this topic was created over nine months ago, bud.

Don't ruin their moment.

Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next