The Resource For Musicals

Beauty and the Beast Forum

Reply to topic  [ 580 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49  Next
Silly Girl who is VERY upset!!! 
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post Silly Girl who is VERY upset!!!
hey everyone soo pretty much I just got cast as a silly girl and im extremely upset, actually in a depression, I tried out for belle, got a call back and than got a second call back with 2 seniors who got belle and ms potts and this other 10th grader who also got a silly girl ( im a senior) I REALLY wanted a good part this year im a senior and ive been so dedicated to drama im the vice president and i worked SO hard on my song its so upseting.. i really wanting belle or babette and he ---- me over so can anyone please shed some light on this situation

Last edited by unwrittenx90 on Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:54 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Edit: Previous inappropriate joke edited.

And no I don't think you deserved the part you got. With your attitude, you should be thankful the director even let you be in the show. Just because you're a senior and VP of your drama club doesn't mean you're entitled to any of the leads. Sorry. For BATB, this seems to be a common theme here. Nobody likes the roles that they get. :?

Last edited by mastachen on Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:12 am
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Get over it, there's gonna be a load of auditions you wont even get in the show.

This business is hard.

Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:51 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

You are the VP of the Drama Club, which makes me believe that you have had major roles before. You are also a senior. This makes me believe that your director probably just wanted to let some other kids have the spotlight this time. But! The Silly Girls are an amazing, fun role that I think you could do a lot with. Be happy with what you have, because the situation is not changing.

Fraulein Schneider: Cabaret Forum Cast 08!
Now: Elizabeth Bennett in Pride & Prejudice

Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:57 am
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

I know how you feel. I was super dedicated to the theater program at my school, I mean I did EVERYTHING. Senior year rolled around and our musical was BATB, which happens to be my obsession. I worked really hard but was cast as a Silly Girl.
But heres the thing, I had soooo much fun with that part. You get to ham it up more then almost anyone in the entire show. People were so impressed with us Silly Girls.
Dont let this get you down because it really is a great part and a great show. You have the decision on whether or not you are going to let yourself have a great time and basically make your senior year or let this ruin everything.

Dream Roles:
Belle, Millie, Reno

Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:09 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Ok. So yes i think you have a nice voice, but i think that people who complain that they deserve parts really annoy me.

If you truly love theatre, you would enjoy it whatever part you play, so just shut up your whining.

Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:14 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Ok I know its a little much that im this upset but i cant help it ! im a drama queen and i havent gotten any leads the most ive gotten is one singing solo and everyone even says I deserved belle also the girl who got babette its her first year in drama and the director has never even seen her act!! and I had a main part in the dramas fall play with acting and everyone loved it .. I dn where I went wrong =[

Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:09 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Maybe you're more trouble than you're worth? Sometimes the better performer loses out on a role to someone who is slightly less talented but much more directable and easy to work with. Since you described yourself as a drama queen, I can see that being part of the issue.

Just a guess. I don't know you or your competition.

Rejection sucks, but it's part of this game. Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it. Otherwise you will never be succesful, because you'll be so hung up on what you didn't get that you can't put your energy toward the best possible performance on what you did get. Your sub-par performance will be noticed and you will continue to not get the roles you want. It's a bad cycle.

Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:14 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:29 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Ok I know its a little much that im this upset but i cant help it ! im a drama queen and i havent gotten any leads the most ive gotten is one singing solo and everyone even says I deserved belle also the girl who got babette its her first year in drama and the director has never even seen her act!! and I had a main part in the dramas fall play with acting and everyone loved it .. I dn where I went wrong =[

I'm a high school director. Here's my take on it: You had a main part in the fall play. The director is probably trying to spread parts around, and knows what a blast the Silly Girls can be with experienced people. Since you already had a lead this year, he decided you would be a good backbone for the Silly Girls. It's hard when you have more seniors than leads, and often I've made the same decision - the person who had the lead in the fall play gets a smaller part in the musical, all things being equal.

At any rate, it's a great show and fun to be in. I hope you can enjoy it. The Silly Girls are so much fun!

Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:31 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Just because you may have been the best actor doesn't mean you deserve the lead. Maybe you didn't have the right chemistry with the others, or you've caused too much drama or didn't quite deserve it. Or maybe your director put you as a Silly Girl to bump up the quality of the smaller parts, or to test your acting skills.

You might have deserved Belle, but the question is, did you earn it?

*Note: this poster has little sympathy for you, because she is currently in your position, except even worse. And she's not making all the complaints you are because she has accepted it and is working harder than the others and ignoring all slights of her talent.
And she tends to be a little bitter when she sees someone complain like this.

Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:11 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

sub-par performance... meaning... what?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/subpar

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sub-Par

Not measuring up to traditional standards of performance, value, or production.

Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 580 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49  Next