The Resource For Musicals

Beauty and the Beast Forum

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Female LeFous Unite!!! 
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Post Female LeFous Unite!!!
I've seen a few other female LeFous on here... Let's have some pride! :)

Anyway, yeah, we open on Friday... Any tips from other female LeFous or LeFous in general?

Frankie, 42nd Street
Chorus, Anything Goes

Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:16 am
Profile YIM
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

female lefou??? Screw Belle. thats hot!!! Alough the idea of punching a female around is a little unerving if your Gaston. Still is sweet Break A leg!!!

Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:41 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Thank you... I love, love, love my role :) It's so much fun!

Frankie, 42nd Street
Chorus, Anything Goes

Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:49 pm
Profile YIM
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Oh my. A female LeFous? Whoa. Let-Let me recollect my thoughts hear. THEY CAST CHICKS?! :D

Mon May 01, 2006 4:00 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Haha just cos it's a male role don't always mean it always has to be played by a guy lol. You guys ever have pantomines in the states? You'd certainly have a shock in England lol :lol:

Although if I had to list the members of this forum whose sense of self-worth seems alarmingly dependent upon the constant sycophantic support of internet-based friends, I`d certainly run out of fingers. - Mumsytype

Fri May 26, 2006 8:34 am
Profile WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Yeah but BATB isnt meant to be Panto in style (even though the last UK Tour and current UK Tour are very am/dram and Panto in style... not at all as amazing as the first UK Tour, I wont go this year!).

I just dont think a female LeFou would work, nor a male LeFou played by a girl, because when girls play boys, its always obvious they're girls.

Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:22 am
Profile YIM WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Yes the UK tour was good but the stage version I saw in about 1998 (a black lady played Belle) was way way better. Of course if it's a professional production then it would have to be true to the story and have a male LeFou. However if it an amateuer production then I think it's alright to have a female playing LeFou. :D

Although if I had to list the members of this forum whose sense of self-worth seems alarmingly dependent upon the constant sycophantic support of internet-based friends, I`d certainly run out of fingers. - Mumsytype

Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:28 am
Profile WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

I only saw the UK Tours... but that first UK Tour which was modelled after the London/Broadway show was best, the newest tours are just poor in comparison, especially sets and costumes, I mean the first tour's Manchester stop was something like 5 months, the new tour's Manchester stop is 5 days :/ I've seen am-dram productions do longer runs!

And I still think that LeFou should be male only, (LeFou, not LaFou, hehe), as it just seems an integral thing to me, like Gaston being male or Belle being female.

I cant imagine a black Belle, especially if Maurice is white! There would have been almost no black families in France in the 1800s I think. Im not sure.

Ah well. Hopefully one day they'll do another UK tour back at the original quality! :)

Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:44 am
Profile YIM WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

There was a lot of contraversy having a black Belle. I was quite young when I saw it and I was like 'what?' I was used to seeing the typical white Belle. And a lot of other kids thought the same as me!

Quote:
the newest tours are just poor in comparison, especially sets and costumes

I agree! :D

Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:03 am
Profile WWW
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Post Re: Female LeFous Unite!!!
so what if they casted a black woman to play Belle. If she had the talent that was great. A female LeFou? No it doesn't work because I can't stand the sight of a female getting punched. Keep LeFou male.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:40 am
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: Shaw
Main Role: Performer
Post Re: Female LeFous Unite!!!
If there's no male to play Lefou, why is the show being produced in the first place?

Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:19 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]