Musicals.Net
http://musicals.net/forums/

Vocal Ranges
http://musicals.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=47585
Page 5 of 7

Author:  fjays [ Thu May 28, 2009 2:55 am ]
Post subject: 

Brigantine wrote:
Seeking--Belle: early to mid-20s (plays 18 ), classically beautiful face, her eyes shine with intelligence, seems entirely unaware of her looks, strong-willed, adventurous, and noble, a true heroine, sensitive and smart, should move very well, vocal range: lyrical pop theatre voice to an E with a very strong and clear belt;


DAYUM GIRL!
That sounds just like you!!

Author:  sillygirl1 [ Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:04 am ]
Post subject:  specfic BATB blog!

this is for a final project in school, so if anyone could post their own BATB memories it woud be greatly appreciated! :D

http://beautyandthebeastexperiences.blogspot.com/

Author:  Brigantine [ Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

fjays wrote:
Brigantine wrote:
Seeking--Belle: early to mid-20s (plays 18 ), classically beautiful face, her eyes shine with intelligence, seems entirely unaware of her looks, strong-willed, adventurous, and noble, a true heroine, sensitive and smart, should move very well, vocal range: lyrical pop theatre voice to an E with a very strong and clear belt;


DAYUM GIRL!
That sounds just like you!!


Oh my gosh, I just saw this... you're too sweet!!! :) (I doubt I could play a convincing 18, though... I'd have to cut my dress size in half and it would have to be a large stage! LOL!!!)

Author:  Pannic [ Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: key

cheerRcker wrote:
i thought the wardrobe was a saprano because shes opera
Opera =/= soprano. There are plenty of operatic Mezzo-sopranos. Roles like The Mother in Amahl and the Night Visitors and Pitti-Sing in The Mikado.

Author:  SianZena [ Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

:) thats quite helpful to me to be fair.
I always thought that I wouldn't be able to play Belle as I thought she was more of a Soprano.
But now I see that this would probably be a good role for me to aim for :)

Author:  The Russian [ Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

[quote="piratee7"]is High F considered F6 on a piano? I'm not really sure what a high F is, because I can't remember Belle ever singing higher than Christine Daae in POTO, her last E in the title song is apparently an E6 and I've heard it called a High E. I'm not sure, someone please clarify that.

Thank you![/quote

"High E" is technically above High C, which is the one written above the staff in the treble clef like Christine sings in Phantom of the Opera. The high F that is being referred to above is the top line of the staff, basically the second F above middle C.

For goodness sake people! Learn how to read music!!!

Author:  ConverseSneaker [ Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:44 am ]
Post subject: 

The Russian wrote:

For goodness sake people! Learn how to read music!!!


Not everyone can take music lessons or can learn to sight-read music. I speak for piratee7 and myself and probably many others on this board who learn by listening. Piratee7 asked someone to clarify this, not for someone to tell them to learn to read music.

Author:  The Russian [ Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

ConverseSneaker wrote:
The Russian wrote:

For goodness sake people! Learn how to read music!!!


Not everyone can take music lessons or can learn to sight-read music. I speak for piratee7 and myself and probably many others on this board who learn by listening. Piratee7 asked someone to clarify this, not for someone to tell them to learn to read music.


My comment was not meant for her directly, so Piratee7, I apologize if you felt attacked, I hope I clarified your question.

Converse: look, dude. This is your PROFESSION, right? It is UNACCEPTABLE for you to not read music. Just as it would be ridiculous to hire an actor who couldn't read, or a dancer who couldn't dance. It doesn't take private lessons or being expected to sight read. All it takes is a few months in a choir. And who doesn't have that opportunity in high school or college?

It will make you a better performer. There is nothing more tedious for a music director than to have to play something over and over into a recorder when time is much better spent making things clean and correct, rather than taking extra time teaching actors their notes by rote.

I'm sorry to sound like a bastard. This is one of my pet peeves....off the soap box now. I apologize to any who are offended.

Author:  ConverseSneaker [ Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:52 am ]
Post subject: 

The Russian wrote:
Converse: look, dude....And who doesn't have that opportunity in high school or college?


I'm a girl...and I can tell you that I do not have that opportunity in high school. It's as simple as that. My school is irresponsible for giving us an incapable teacher and I have brought this to thier attention repeatedly to no avail. I have taken classes, I try to teach myself at the piano because I completely understand how vital it is to be able to read music, but I myself am at a very basic level because of this lack of opportunity and I don't see anything wrong with asking for verification.

I'm sorry for starting an argument as well, but not everyone has the same opportunities as others and the fact that I have to put up with this teacher of mine ticks me off more than you did.

Author:  The Russian [ Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:07 am ]
Post subject: 

ConverseSneaker wrote:
The Russian wrote:
Converse: look, dude....And who doesn't have that opportunity in high school or college?


I'm a girl...and I can tell you that I do not have that opportunity in high school. It's as simple as that. My school is irresponsible for giving us an incapable teacher and I have brought this to thier attention repeatedly to no avail. I have taken classes, I try to teach myself at the piano because I completely understand how vital it is to be able to read music, but I myself am at a very basic level because of this lack of opportunity and I don't see anything wrong with asking for verification.

I'm sorry for starting an argument as well, but not everyone has the same opportunities as others and the fact that I have to put up with this teacher of mine ticks me off more than you did.


Well that's too bad about the teacher at your school. It's unfortunate that the Arts are always the first things to suffer when times get tough. So what do you do know? You seem to understand the importance of reading music and so forth....so let's plot some solutions for you!

You could get a job and pay for private lessons. You could try to teach yourself. You could find a buddy who knows how to read music and then work in trade for something you know how to do really well and they don't. You could join a church choir or other recreational vocal group in your "dull provincial town" and get experience that way. You could wait for college (I apologize I don't know your age!) and then there will be classes you can take on theory, harmony, orchestration, choir and so on. Or you and I could do it online here over PM and I could help you out as best I can over the computer, free of charge.

I hope one of the above ideas works for you! You're on the right path!

Author:  fjays [ Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:08 am ]
Post subject: 

Hey, hey, "The Russian". I think it truly is time to step off the soap box.
You're starting to sound rather obnoxious.

Also, yes, we need to be able to understand sheet music. Nobody is denying that. But how are we all supposed to get this sheet music?

Author:  The Russian [ Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:23 am ]
Post subject: 

fjays wrote:
Hey, hey, "The Russian". I think it truly is time to step off the soap box.
You're starting to sound rather obnoxious.

Also, yes, we need to be able to understand sheet music. Nobody is denying that. But how are we all supposed to get this sheet music?


What was obnoxious about my last posting? I'm trying to help the young lady out!

I guess I don't understand your "where are we supposed to get this sheet music" question.....what do you mean where? You can purchase sheet music online or at most music stores (like the ones where they sell instruments), though those are relatively rare these days.

Just trying to help, here.

Page 5 of 7 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/