The Resource For Musicals

Beauty and the Beast Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
What part should I try out for!? High School Production 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post What part should I try out for!? High School Production
Okay. I can sing from low G to high G. What do you think?

High G is the last comfortable note.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:51 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Does that include falsetto? If so...did you mean high g or top g? (I don't know much about female voices if I'm honest...but it seems 2 octaves would be small if it included falsetto as guys on average have around 2 octaves in just chest voice).
Also, it'd probably be best if you told us a bit more about your voice tone/quality. Previous parts would be good too. If you are gonna try and base what you want off of just range, there is a sticky at the top of this forum that should help you with the ranges.

Just from that range I'd say if you can maybe get to that low F# and have Mrs. Potts.

~The Lone Wanderer

Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:05 pm

Judging by your range, you could probably get away with singing any of the female roles (although yes, Belle and Mrs. Potts would require pushing down just a LITTLE more). See the vocal ranges sticky at the top of this board for more about ranges in the show.

It really comes down to who you'd LIKE to play. Like I said, you can probably do any part (with the possible exception of Babette, subject to there being a high soprano to do all of her coloratura, non-role specific stuff if you do play her). Belle, Mrs. Potts, the Wardrobe, Babette (the featherduster) and the three Silly Girls are all possibilities. It's cliche, but I recommend watching the animated movie and really studying the female characters for a perspective on which ones you'd like to sink your teeth into (and remember that just about every role is beefed up a little more in the stage show).

Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:16 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Well my high school is doing beauty and the beast right now and i wanted to be the cheese...i sang "Cherry Pies Ought to be You" from Out of this World and I got the role!

Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]