The Resource For Musicals

Simply Sondheim Forum

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Sondheim for Solo Piano 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Sondheim for Solo Piano
Hello Sondheim fellow-friends - please allow me to introduce you to LIAISONS: Re-Imagining Sondheim From the Piano, for which we commissioned 36 world-class composers to choose a Sondheim song to "arrange" for solo piano. Launched in 2007, the whole collection is finally out on ECM Records, available on Amazon et al, and the final live concert is November 19th at Symphony Space in NYC.

Sondheim will be there! And has said, "to hear composers take my music and take it seriously... it's a thrill."

The point is to show the Maestro's influence across multiple genres. Big names from the musical theater world: Jason Robert Brown. David Shire, Duncan Sheik. Eric Rockwell. Big names from the jazz world: Wynton Marsalis, Fred Hersch and Ethan Iverson. Big names from the other worlds: Steve Reich. Nico Muhly. Gabriel Kahane. Jake Heggie. Thomas Newman. William Bolcom. And more.

Please join us! Discount code for use November 10, 11 and 12 only: LIAISONS. Gets you tickets at member prices. (~20% off). Take a chance! You'll be pleasantly surprised.

I am Rachel Colbert, the show's producer. Let me know if you have any questions! Or google us...

Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]