The Resource For Musicals

Other Shows Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
NICE WORK If You Can Get It 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post NICE WORK If You Can Get It
If you ignore ads, you may not be aware of NICE WORK, which begins previews on Broadway on March 29. From the description, it appears to be a reworking of OH, KAY!, as CRAZY FOR YOU reworked GIRL CRAZY and MY ONE AND ONLY reworked FUNNY FACE. The book author Joe DiPietro is also the author of I LOVE YOU, YOU'RE PERFECT, NOW CHANGE, Over the River and Through the Woods, and the new book for Rodgers and Hammerstein's ALLEGRO.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:27 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Post Re: NICE WORK If You Can Get It
New book for ALLEGRO? This is the first I've heard of this. Has the new book been used in a production yet? I'm actually quite a fan of ALLEGRO, so I'd love to know more about this!

Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:43 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

I saw Allegro with the DiPietro book in 2005 or so in Arlington, VA (Signature Theatre). A fair amount of stuff gets tried out there, including changes by Kander and Ebb and Sondheim. He reduced the cast from about 50 to 14. Kept the general outline (I've only read the original book once, years ago). And I sat right behind Mary Rodgers and Ted Chapin.

Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:36 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I saw this at the Music Circus in Sacramento today, and I absolutely loved it. All Gershwin songs, and the book is really hilarious. Every single character had some great lines, and it's a pretty large cast.

The main actors were Matt Loehr, Kristie Kerwin, Michael Kostroff and Mark Bradley Miller. Kostroff stole the show as the bootlegger/butler.

If you get a chance to see this, don't miss it.
:clap:

Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]