The Resource For Musicals

Other Shows Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Spring Awakening Movie 
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Main Role: Performer
Post Spring Awakening Movie
What are everyones thoughts on the making of a film adaptation of Spring Awakening? How do you think the general public will respond? Should some of the Broadway cast be transferred to the screen? Could this spur on a possible Broadway revival? Also, any thoughts on the general show. I read some stuff on here about how people believe the musical will not be relevant 30 years from now. What do you think?

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:04 am
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Post Re: Spring Awakening Movie
I think a Broadway revival is slightly unlikely. The show closed in 2009, so it's way too soon.

I also think they'd probably cast younger actors in the parts. I don't think the original cast members are going to pass for fourteen years old on screen.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:22 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Main Role: Performer
Post Re: Spring Awakening Movie
I think you're probably right, Pannic. I was thinking about when it opened, which is 7 years ago now? I still think it could be possible, though, if it gets a decent enough audience response. I was kind of thinking about how the Les Mis movie did really well and now the show is back on Broadway. Obviously Les Mis is an entirely different level, but who knows.
Yes, younger actors/actresses was what I was thinking... I just was pondering the possibility of Lea and Jon, since they have really gotten big after SA, especially with Glee and Frozen respectively. I hope to see at least a few alumni, though. :D

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]