Other Shows Forum

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Magic Foot help? 
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Current Obsession: Cats
Main Role: Performer
Post Magic Foot help?
I'm in my school's production of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (couldn't find a dedicated forum) as William Barfée, and I have everything down so far except for the dance, not specifically for the Magic Foot song, but whenever Barfee spells a word, I can almost do it in socks, and I don't currently have any flat bottomed shoes to work with, Today I got the idea just to wear a long colorful sock without a shoe as part of the costume, but I'm wondering how other actors do this in tennis shoes, I am a bit chubby, but no where near as large as the original Broadway Barfee and plenty of others I've seen in other productions. help?

Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:24 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Main Role: Performer
Post Re: Magic Foot help?
While I'd asked about the possibility of having a special shoe on my right, or "spelling" foot in my production, it never happened, and I ended up wearing my plain old black walking shoes with fairly grippy soles. It was pretty much just a matter of keeping the weight on my left "plant" foot and just whipping the other around. And if my clumsiness and basic physical ineptitude made it look clumsy and awkward -- well, that fits the character, then, don't it?

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]