The Resource For Musicals

Other Shows Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Children of Eden 
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Main Role: Musician
Post Children of Eden
My summer show is almost over, and my next 2 shows are going to be Children of Eden and Little Shop of Horrors (There might be an apocalypse coming if I get in LSOH though xD)

Anyway, I was just wondering about Children of Eden. I'm a teenage girl, 2nd-1st soprano...yeah. What is there for me? I know absolutely nothing about this show.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:01 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Stage Manager
Post Re: Children of Eden
Is this a company where roles are cast age-appropriately? And you say you're a teenager but how old do you look?

As far as female parts go, there's Eve/Mama Noah, Yonah, and then some smaller parts that blend into the storytellers (such as the serpent and the other two sons' wives).

Eve and Mama Noah are usually doubled and cast somewhere late 20s-late 30s. Both roles are mezzo-soprano.

Yonah is only in Act 2 and usually serves as a storyteller in Act 1. She is usually cast somewhere from mid-teens to mid-20s, dependent on the age of Japheth. She is an alto.

The two wives (Aphra and Aysha) are usually also storytellers, don't have overly specific voice parts, and are usually late teens to late 20s, dependent on the ages of Ham and Shem.

The serpent is a storyteller role that generally involves three women (one of each of the three basic voice parts) and isn't age specific.

Other than those there are also just normal storytellers (featured ensemble-type parts) and a regular ensemble.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:39 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Main Role: Musician
Post Re: Children of Eden
hyperactress23 wrote:
Is this a company where roles are cast age-appropriately? And you say you're a teenager but how old do you look?

As far as female parts go, there's Eve/Mama Noah, Yonah, and then some smaller parts that blend into the storytellers (such as the serpent and the other two sons' wives).

Eve and Mama Noah are usually doubled and cast somewhere late 20s-late 30s. Both roles are mezzo-soprano.

Yonah is only in Act 2 and usually serves as a storyteller in Act 1. She is usually cast somewhere from mid-teens to mid-20s, dependent on the age of Japheth. She is an alto.

The two wives (Aphra and Aysha) are usually also storytellers, don't have overly specific voice parts, and are usually late teens to late 20s, dependent on the ages of Ham and Shem.

The serpent is a storyteller role that generally involves three women (one of each of the three basic voice parts) and isn't age specific.

Other than those there are also just normal storytellers (featured ensemble-type parts) and a regular ensemble.
thank you! You are just so full of information! I would say I look a little younger than my age, but as long a km in the ensemble I really don't care! Thank you for your information!

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]