The Resource For Musicals

Other Shows Forum

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Bare: A Pop Opera 
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post Bare: A Pop Opera
Bare: A Pop Opera is an amazing musical that tells the story of two boys at a Catholic school and the struggles they must go through because of their love for each other.

I love it! The music is fantastic and the show itself is very touching and it really makes you think.

Has anyone else seen this wonderful musical?

Last edited by AlmostHolly on Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:11 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Next to Normal, Wicked, and Aida
Main Role: Performer
Post Re: Bare: A Popera Opera
I was in a production in Rochester, NY this past summer. It truly is a great show and I'd definitely say it's the best show I've ever worked on. I'd really love to see it reworked a little and then taken to Broadway.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:26 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Post Re: Bare: A Pop Opera
It actually is going to be on Broadway in a year or two.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:52 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Bare, Next to Normal
I actually listened to the whole score last night. I really enjoyed it. It's very similar to Spring Awakening in the style of it, specifically some of the music style, language thrown out the window, and the story line. I really liked the premise too that incorporates religion into the story. If it is coming to Broadway, I would love to see it.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:02 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

New Line Theatre in St. Louis announces auditions for "bare" on March 14 and 21, with performances June 2-25, 2011. More info about auditions at http://www.newlinetheatre.com/auditions.html and more info about the show at http://www.newlinetheatre.com/barepage.html

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:18 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Please come support our production. We have an AMAZING cast of singers, and we are proudly rockin' the original version of the show that we all grew to love!

The White Plains Performing Arts Center (WPPAC) and Harrison Summer Theatre will present the Westchester Regional Premiere of this version of the musical BARE: A Pop Opera from July 26-28, 2013.

BARE: A Pop Opera is directed by Jeremy Quinn with musical direction by Stephen Ferri, choreography by Lexie Fennell Frare and lighting design by Jamie Roderick.

The cast includes Travis Amiel, Richie Barrella, Sarah-Teresa Brown, David Cronin, Colin Earyes, Kaitlin Ferrara, Natalia Fogarty, Kerri George, Terri-Ann Gordon, Aaron Michael Krueger, Darian Marchetto, Kurt McMannus, Triona O'Callaghan, Paulette Oliva, Thomas Oliverio, Sydney Parra, Analise Rios, Adam Salazar, Stephanie Savino, Melissa Trainor, and Adam Welsh.

Bare - A contemporary rock musical, BARE follows a group of teens wrestling with issues of identity, sexuality, and religion at a co-ed Catholic boarding school. Provocative, raw, and unyielding in its exploration of how today's generation navigates the tightrope between adolescence and adulthood, BARE examines the consequences of baring a soul-or hiding it from those who matter most. Music by Damon Intrabartolo and Book and Lyrics by Jon Hartmere.

BARE: A Pop Opera will be live on stage July 26-28, 2013 (Friday & Saturday evenings at 8PM; Sunday at 7PM).

To Purchase Tickets: call 914.328.1600 or order online at www.wppac.com or visit the WPPAC Box Office at 11 City Place, White Plains, NY 10601. For Group Sales, please call 914.328.1600. Tickets are $25 for adults and $20 for students (22 and under).

**WPPAC is just a 30 min train ride from NYC and walking distance from the white plains train station!
Read more at:

[url]http://rockland.broadwayworld.com/article/WPPAC-Harrison-Summer-Theatre-Present-BARE-A-POP-OPERA-726-728-20130624
[/url]

Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]