The Resource For Musicals

Other Shows Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276  Next
Elisabeth 
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Main Role: Fan
Post Re: Elisabeth
Yes, it's playing in Bremen now (still a week), is going to eastern Germany after that, and 2 weeks to Triest, Italy. And then a new production starts in Vienna in September.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:35 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Elisabeth, Cats, Follies, Scarlet Pimpernel
Lein wrote:
Yes, it's playing in Bremen now (still a week), is going to eastern Germany after that, and 2 weeks to Triest, Italy. And then a new production starts in Vienna in September.

WOW. I only knew about the South Korean production. That's fantastic news. I wonder if/how they'll change it.

Quote:
Yes, yes I am ^^. I go by Sisi there and I am indeed the person with the Elisabeth logo avatar.

I knew it! Small world...

Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:47 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Takarazuka
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum but also a Elisabeth fan since I first saw the musical in 2001.
Some time ago, while browsing through the Taki-videos on Youtube, I stumbled upon a video where Death played an active part in the "Milk"-scene. And when I write "active" I mean "active" as in he actually sang some of Luccheni's lines and not as in he stood somewhere at the side watching.
I found that really fascinating but somehow I cannot find the video anymore. So I was wondering if one of you guys might remember the scene and which version it was? I really don't remember much more, but I am certain that it was some kind of Takarazuka production and that the video quality was alright.

I'd really appreciate your help!
Y.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:57 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Parade
Main Role: Performer
Hey Yosakoi, welcome to the fandom.

I seem to recall that in the earlier Takarazuka stagings Touto had a higher involvement in the Milch number, but I could be mistaken. It seems that the Takarazuka stagings like to make Lucheni and Touto more of a pair, as well as giving Touto a more active, narrative role.

And yeah, I hear you about the Takarazuka clips not being around much anymore.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:43 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I wish there was an actual Italian-language production of Elisabeth. :D

Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:46 am
Profile WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

They only seem to play the German versions in Italy, I believe, sometimes with a bit of Italian mixed in between ;)

I have been to the Vienna version in the mean time. Not going to say anything about Mark, because I can't be objective about that man. Annemieke once again managed to get off when I'm there to see Elisabeth (4th time I should have seen her, 4th time that didn't work out, so we're going to see what'll happen in December. Probably she will be on holiday or something like that ;)), so I saw the premiere of Janneke Ivankova. I liked her as Elisabeth! It wasn't really special (I liked Alice Macura more, I saw her in the tour), but it was good what Janneke did, especially as the older Elisabeth.

Kurosch is really developing his own Lucheni. Where he was almost a copy of Serkan in the early stages of the tour last year, you can see him picking up more and more other elements (I see a lot of Ethan Freeman coming through ;)) and creating his own character with those elements. Nice to see!! Anton Zetterholm as Rudolf... I thought him really disappointing. I heard a lot of good stories about him, so although I thought beforehand he couldn't be as good as Gernot Romic (who I saw in the tour), he should do it pretty good, but I was disappointed. Ok, he sings it well, he plays what he has to play, he isn't bad, but I didn't feel a thing during his scenes. He couldn't make his struggle clear to me, I was able to sit back and relax and enjoy the view, while I remember that with Gernot, my muscles were cramped, it was uneasy to look at, because you could feel his struggle and the decisions he had to make. I barely heard Anton during Schatten werden länger when he had to sing together with Mark, which I found remarkable, because Mark doesn't sing that loudly...

Franziskus (I don't know if I wrote it correctly and I don't feel like looking it up at the moment) played a really good Franz Joseph. He has a beautiful classical voice which made every song of FJ a joy to listen to. He is only a bit young for the old FJ (but well... the guy is 23 I believe).
And I just have to name Carin Filipcic als Ludovica/Frau Wolff... Amazing, amazing. I love that woman ;)

(sorry... long story again)

Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:38 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Aww, I love Carin Filipcic. Frau Wolff sounds like a great role for her. And classically trained Franz Josephs are my very favourite. But a bad Rudolf and Mark Seinert? Ugh.

You're having real bad luck with Annemieke! That's crazy that you missed her four times, though I'm glad that the understudy worked out.

I'm getting the original Dutch cast album! So hyped.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:51 am
Profile WWW
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

I really love Mark as Death, so I was really happy with him ;) It's just that I'm a big fan, and I think I'm not really objective about him, so I won't write about him then ;).
And next time Anton won't be there! At least, that's what he announced now. And it's not that he is really bad, but I know it can be a lot better, and it's a bit annoying to know that the actor who almost moved me to tears with his Rudolf is standing somewhere behind there in the ensemble...
We had to laugh very hard when we found out that Annemieke wasn't playing again... I have to admit I am curious about her, especially because everyone seems to love her, and I'm not that fond of audio's where I hear her...

Yay for the Dutch album! That one is already old...

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:38 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I thought it was good when they said Anton Zetterholm as Rudolf. I really like his Alfred. Also, Carin Filipcic as Frau Wolf would be fantastic to see. Maybe as good as Luiza Nistler.

Honestly, I can't stand Annemieke on the aniversary tour recording. I think she'd be good in a role like Ich, but she's completely wrong for Elisabeth.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:44 am
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

I won't take the anniversary tour recording as a standard. I don't know what they have been recording, but it's not good... I've seen that tour 3 times, and got better performances from all actors on the cd every time. I just don't know about Annemieke because I haven't seen her live yet. (I know Mark was ill when they recorded the cd, but what they did with it?? I know they can do better with cd's... I heard Uwe Kröger in The Sound of Music on the nights they recorded the cd, and they made him so much better...)

Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:04 am
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Location: If you care to find me, look to the western sky...or just look in Toronto
You got me to fangirl Mark Seibert Lein. Not sure whether to thank you or hit you for that one XD

He has the perfect balance of sensuality and eery, forceful aloofness. And he's one of the better looking Tods...XDDDD

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:49 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I think Annemieke is a really good Elisabeth, but because she's so young her performance, especially on the vocal side, is often inconsistent. Also she hasn't quite got a handle on the older Elisabeth, though her young Sisi is a gift.

Not a big fan of Mark Seibert, to be quite honest. It's my belief that the best Tod is the one that looks happiest when he has Sisi in his arms at last. To me, that's what the pay off is for the entire show. What... he smells her hair? Great. :/

Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276  Next