The Resource For Musicals

The MdN Social Club Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
OT: Any message boards for REAL adults out there anymore? 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post OT: Any message boards for REAL adults out there anymore?
Dear Musicals.Net Poters,

Way back during the EARLIER days of the internet, the web was actually COOL! Intelligent, educated ADULTS could type FREELY, WITHOUT having to deal with all of the censorship-happy, child-friendly PC-catering BS that has invaded the internet THESE days! I LOVED the site that was known as Rantandraves! Hella cool, fer SHURR!

So, does anybody know of any sites that are like that ANYMORE? I am sick and tired of online censorship, but I'm NOT looking for dirty sites, either, just sites that aren't censored!

Thanks in advance for your replies.
8-)

OPINION: Mitt Romney is "that wicked plastic man!"

Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:22 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Main Role: Fan
Post Re: OT: Any message boards for REAL adults out there anymore
Hey Minty, good luck finding that place, we live in a different world now it seems.....................

Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:26 am
Profile YIM
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Hollow Man wrote:
Hey Minty, good luck finding that place, we live in a different world now it seems.....................

Dear Hollow Man,

No kiddin'! ;) I know exactly what you mean.

I was on Facebook, but, for unknown reasons, THEY suspended my account, and I'm waiting for my new I.D. so that I can TRY to get back onto Facebook, even though it's been so long now that I'm not even sure if I CARE. :lol: I made the stupid mistake of treating that site like a diary, and now I don't have tons of the messages that I spent hour after hour comprising.

Yes, it seems as though even FACEBOOK wants to censor people nowadays. If only it were possible to return to the TWENTIES...without the racism, I'd do so, because America was so much more FREE back then!

Well, thanks for the reply, anyway. I'm thinking that the most FREE type of free speech is ACTUALLY to be had OFFLINE...maybe... :shifty:

Thanks in advance for your reply... :lol: ...I just had to say that, because it's a standard Duchess phrase... :lol: :lol: :lol:
8-)

OPINION: Mitt Romney is "that wicked plastic man!"

Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:02 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I beg to differ with the account that the early internet days was about free spirited intelligent discussion. It was infested with trolls and very mean spirited people. Some young people were the targets of attack and drove some to suicide.

Mods might be too heavy-handed at times but in general, things are much improved.

Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]