The Resource For Musicals

The MdN Social Club Forum

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Which musical theatre characters do you relate to right now? 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Which musical theatre characters do you relate to right now?
Dear Musicals.Net Posters,

I HAVE been wild on M.Net lately, but that's because my current boyfriend (Yes, yes, the guy about whom somebody here broke the "Bro Code") is being a douchebag towards me, and I'm sort of depressed (Ie: I spend much of my time in bed, crying or sleeping)

I know, I know, I haven't left my town to fulfill HIS plans (Ie: I'M supposed to work, live in a nearby apartment, and become the "Second Person" in a 3-adult "family"...all while trying to balance several medical conditions, etc.)

I have done EVERYTHING, though, in some ways, thus far, by NEVER forgetting a solitary Birthday, holiday, etc., by sending more than one e-mail message (He told me that "Maybe I could e-mail more")...while waiting for even ONE reply from HIM, by letting him waste TWO entire purchases of phone minutes (The first was paid for by someone else, but I purchased the second allotment of minutes, and they disappeared AGES ago)

He's the ONLY one who is open-minded enough about me, but he teased me cruelly when we first spent time together (We only spent FACE-TIME together ONCE)...ALMOST TWO YEARS AGO (Yes, I have been "The Village Idiot"), and HE'S the ONLY one who's allowed to express desire, and I've allowed myself to do degrading things (Not with HIM, thank God) because of him, and he stayed away during the TWO major heart surgeries that I had (I never dealt with the stress, because I was frantically communicating with him after each surgery)...and yet, I still stay around the house and cry...day in, and day out, while HE mysteriously UN-FRIENDS me on Facebook...without a "Hello", a "Goodbye", OR a "Kiss my GRITS!" Well, I TOLD him that I deserved THAT much, and he's still being silent...and, I was angry with him about Facebook, and THEN I apologized, and he's STILL being silent...

SOOO...to make a tiresome story short and sweet, I have spent almost the past two YEARS turning into Eponine, Kim from "Miss Saigon", and maybe now...Fantine...in SOME ways...(Ironically, he WATCHED the "Les Mis" movie when I was in the play, but he didn't really like it) Is it WISE to want one's life to follow the "50 Shades of Grey" template...when one is a 36-year-old woman...with sooo many health issues, and sooo little energy, that NOBODY could care?

I am sorry if I sound as though I'm windging and whining for advice, but feel free to voice your opinion.

So, which musical theatre characters do YOU currently relate to?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
:(

OPINION: Mitt Romney is "that wicked plastic man!"

Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:44 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Post Re: Which musical theatre characters do you relate to right
Charlie Guiteau from Assassins. With strains of JD from Heathers. Thankfully I haven't killed anyone.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:12 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Feeling a bit of Moritz honestly. Not suicidal, but I just feel lonely, upset that I can't seem to get past my own disadvantages in the musical theater realm (I.e being average height and Hispanic with a tenor range and ambition to be in lead roles), and being suspended from a university for poor grades.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:05 pm
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

If you're dumb enough to stay with an obvious douchebag, it's no one's fault but yours, Duchess of Moron.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:56 am
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

PS: You're kinda a bit old to be trolling on a message board, ain't yeah [mod edit - no name calling please] (PS: You pretty much admitted back in the day you were a troll, so yeah....)

Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]