The MdN Social Club Forum

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Should I send this letter? 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: writing songs
Main Role: Performer
Post Should I send this letter?
UPDATE: I've deleted the letter. So if this post can be deleted, that would be good. That was my intent, but I didn't see the option.

Last edited by Gwen on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:29 pm
Profile YIM
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Post Re: Should I send this letter?
I recommend you do not send the letter. The catharsis you received by writing it is the only satisfaction you will receive. The person you want to send it to has moved on from the situations that are driving you nuts now. He/She won't do a thing about it. If you send it, you'll spend the next 6 months (or so) wondering if he/she got it, what they thought, if they'll contact you, etc., etc.

I gave a similar letter to my boss one time. I outlined recent hurts, and the fact that in spite of his promises to change things, I am still the lowest person on the totem pole around here. Writing the letter helped me feel better, but giving it to him made things worse because even though he knows he hurt me, he didn't do a damn thing about it. It's fun to have a newbie hired in getting paid more than you're making, who knows less, works less, and regularly ticks off customers, but, hey, life is a Cabaret!

My mom died 22 years ago, so December generally sucks. I only cried uncontrollably twice this Christmas. I'm counting it as a win.

My advice to you is to let it go. The longer you let that pain stay in your brain, the longer you're going to stay in the hole that is depression. Work toward your goal, not away from your past. (I know that's a cliche, but it's true) Find people who make you better. Make you feel better, act better, be better.

Good luck. It's a hard road ahead, but you can do it.

-Cameron Mackintosh

Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:50 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Gonna have to agree with the LaGataNegra. I'm so sorry you went through all that crap. How you were treated was unacceptable. And you are right that no one should be treated like that. But I'm afraid at the moment it is only causing you pain, and that allowing yourself to be in pain, and trying to move on is the best option. I think sending the letter, although extremely important to you, will not mean the same to your adviser. She might just ignore it, or she could be nasty to you. At best you would get an apology. But at this point I don't think that is really what you want.

So, my advice, no don't send it. But I think it was smart of you to vent.

Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:17 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: writing songs
I'm alright with venting. I have a feeling the acting prof, if she's even thought about it, will realize she's she's one of the biggest reasons I left. She told me she looked forward to watching me grow in the following year. Well....it's not something she'll get to see.

Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:14 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]