The Resource For Musicals

The MdN Social Club Forum

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Your all time favourite performers! 
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Current Obsession: La Cage Aux Folles
Main Role: Fan
Post Your all time favourite performers!
Of course, we all have several favourites in certain roles, but who are musical theatre performers that you completely enjoy, in most roles they have played and in general, that you simply like? I think everyone's different about that. Some people are fans of a few very certain performers, while others enjoy a variety in general. Personally, I have in some certain musical roles and plays performers that I especially like, even though I am not a huge fan in general. For example, my favourite Phantoms are Peter Karrie and Grant Norman, but I am not that much of a fan of them in general. However, I do have some performers that I always enjoy. They are sometimes my favourites in certain roles, sometimes they are in the middle or lower parts of my favourite lists, but they are on several lists. And I simply enjoy listening to them and watching them.

I haven't found a topic on favourite musical theatre performers yet (only in certain roles), so I thought I could make one :)

And please, don't offend performers you like less or people who have different opinions!

My male favourites are
Steve Barton
Kevin Tarte
Michael Ball
Joel Grey
Anthony Warlow
Hugh Panaro
Colm Wilkinson
Michael Gruber

My female favourites are
Anna O'Byrne
Sutton Foster
Claire Lyon
Julie Andrews
Kristin Chenoweth
Ethel Merman
Barbra Streisand
Lea Salonga
Elaine Paige
Sarah Brightman
Leah Delos Santos

But again, this is a very general list and I have several performers that I like more than these in very certain roles.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]