The Resource For Musicals

The MdN Social Club Forum

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Should I attend the Circle in the Square or CAP 21 2 Year? 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Should I attend the Circle in the Square or CAP 21 2 Year?
I aim to be a musical theatre actress and would like to know which is better: Circle in the Square Musical Theatre 2-Year program or CAP21 2-Year Musical Theatre Program. I aim to attend one of the programs in a year or two.
I am guessing that the Circle in the Square program might be better. The CAP 21 program is very expensive, and I do not know whether it is worth it.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:51 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Re: Should I attend the Circle in the Square or CAP 21 2 Yea
Circle in the Square, hands down.

I wouldn't recommend CAP21 for anyone who aspires to do more than be in the ensemble of The Little Mermaid. It's not a program that cares about you at all as an artist....... they're grooming you to be a polished singer/dancer and that's pretty much it. Most of the people who graduate can't act their way out of a paper bag. This isn't to say that a few talented and successful performers haven't gone there, but there are also talented and successful performers who never went anywhere at all. You could say that they're successful *in spite* of it.

Circle in the Square, on the other hand, is a reputable school that treats their musical theatre students as seriously as they do their regular actors. Some very good teachers like Moni Yakim (the movement director at Juilliard) have directed student productions there.
Way better use of your time and money.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]