The Resource For Musicals

The MdN Social Club Forum

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Belle should lay off the brandy, etc. 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Belle should lay off the brandy, etc.
Dear Musicals.Net Posters,

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuItu_8SoUk

Mon dieu, mon Capitan! Lumiere should STOPPED serving so much brandy to Belle, because she sounded as though she was DRUNK! No offense to Paige O'Hara, but if I sounded that bad, I'D have asked to be able to appear at the event (as a speaker)....WITHOUT singing! If she sang ME off to sleep, I wouldn't be ABLE to digest....OR to SLEEP, for THAT matter!

Lea sounded pretty good, and Anika Noni Rose wounded super! Jodi Benson's Ariel sounded as though she wished that she could be "part of that world," alright....that world wherein women's voices sound forever young! She didn't really sound BAD, though, and she sounded rather good during "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" .

I do wish that I could understand all of the lyrics that Lea sang during the song "Reflection", though, because those lyrics weren't heard in the movie, OR on the soundtrack!

I know that I'm sounding rude, but, really, when a singer is past the time during her life when she can sing just like her character, shouldn't she, well, retire her voice, at LEAST when it comes to a Disney character who has NO BUSINESS sounding....drunk?

Well, thanks in advance for your replies.
:idea:

OPINION: Mitt Romney is "that wicked plastic man!"

Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]