The Resource For Musicals

The MdN Social Club Forum

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Where can I find Taylor Swift's "On My Own"? 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Where can I find Taylor Swift's "On My Own"?
Dear Musicals.Net Posters,

I am frustrated...because I can't seem to find Taylor Swift's actual audition version of "On My Own" on YouTube! I can find videos that pair images of her with Samantha Barks' version of the song, but I really, really, REALLY want to hear HER version of "On My Own"...even if it DOES make me throw my headphones across the room in disgust...because...I'm CURIOUS, gosh darn it!

Oh, well, "the oysters were curious, too, and you know what happened to THEM!" Oh, yes, I DO, because I happen to know that oysters are aphrodisiacs, and that my boyfriend ate an entire PLATE'S-WORTH of them! Talk about seafood in action! ;)

Seriously, though, if anybody knows of a true, real Taylor Swift version of "On My Own", they should let me know, because they'll be rewarded with an entire plate's-worth of the edible aphrodisiac of their choice (Lifelong lover not included in offer!)

Thanks in advance for your replies.
8-)

OPINION: Mitt Romney is "that wicked plastic man!"

Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:24 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Main Role: Fan
Post Re: Where can I find Taylor Swift's "On My Own"?
As far as I'm aware, there is no recording of Taylor Swift singing "On My Own." Or if there is, it's never been released to the public.

I'm still not even sure what happened with that -- whether the filmmakers really were going to cast Taylor Swift before Cameron Mackintosh or someone else involved with the production had a change of heart, or whether it was just a really persistent rumor and there was ultimately no truth to the idea that Ms. Swift was ever being considered for it. Or (as the cynical and conspiratorial part of my brain came up with once) it may have been a marketing ploy, so the filmmakers would spread a rumor about someone possibly being up for the role that the fanbase would rail against, and then the fans would breathe a sigh of relief and be more likely to go out to see the film once the truth came out that Samantha Barks would be playing the role instead. :lol:

Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]